Marketing Communications Content Specialist
New York, NY
A global law firm seeks a Marketing Communications Content Specialist to work with the firm’s lawyers and professionals to create web and print content that communicates with external and internal audiences in a clear, concise and compelling way. Reporting to the U.S. Marketing and Communications Manager and working with the firm’s global business development team, the Content Specialist will help convey firm’s capabilities and experience across practices, industries and regions, as well as reinforce and enhance its identity. The position is a tremendous opportunity to help a world-class law firm express its culture and value proposition to existing and potential clients, recruits and other external and internal audiences.
Whether creating content from the ground up or reviewing and revising existing work product, the Content Specialist will help maintain a standard of quality for all online and print marketing and business development materials. This includes:
- Working with the global business development team to produce client-, recruit- and other external-facing materials and messaging; website, social media and intranet content; marketing collateral to be used in print and online; and copy for new communications platforms as the firm adds them.
- Playing a significant role in content development and implementation, including collaborating with business development staff, firm administration and lawyers to present visually and editorially compelling content; and keeping existing content timely and accurate.
- Managing the workflow of key content and processes, including ensuring that materials can be used for multiple purposes, externally and internally.
- Providing training and instructional materials to help lawyers and staff leverage the firm’s marketing and communications messaging, including via social media.
- Assisting the PR team in preparing awards submissions for the firm’s most prominent lawyers.
- Providing general content support to the global business development team.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree, ideally in a relevant discipline (communications, journalism, English, etc.).
- Five or more years of experience in professional services — law firm experience is a plus — or a relevant background in writing, journalism, marketing or publishing.
- Must be proficient in the use of MS-Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and willing to learn and use new technologies (g., a website content management system).
- Excellent business writing, editing and interviewing skills, including an attention to detail and a commitment to providing error-free, targeted content.
- Desire to take ownership of projects from development to execution.
- Superior interpersonal and collaboration skills, including the ability to interact with and provide exceptional client service to lawyers and staff at all levels of seniority.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a project team, organize/prioritize work, handle sensitive matters and meet deadlines, including working well under pressure with shifting (and sometimes conflicting) demands.
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating needs.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 3.25.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt