New York, NY
This position provides marketing support (pitch preparation, PR, events and seminars, directory and awards submissions, database maintenance, market research, etc.) to the Project, Energy & Infrastructure Finance and Real Estate practice groups, and additional marketing department project support as needed.
- Serve as primary point of contact for above referenced practice areas, supporting the group’s lawyers in their marketing and business development goals.
- Attend internal practice group meetings for purposed of tracking ongoing matters of note and supporting the practice group leaders in overall management of the groups marketing and business development efforts.
- Draft and finalize pitches and proposals for practice areas. Manage RFP’s/RFI’s that come into the group coordinating with Accounting, HR, IT and other departments as required
- Conduct research on existing and prospective clients, competitor activity, and industry or market trends to aid in the development of marketing plans, presentations and proposals.
- Prepare, review and revise directory and award submissions for assigned practice, working with partners directly to submit responses in a timely fashion, and prepare analysis of results regarding same.
- Collect and maintain representative matters, deals lists, client and industry lists for use in marketing materials.
- Oversee regular updates of web and print marketing content, including attorney biographies, practice area/office descriptions, webpage, and related news items. Draft, review and edit brochures and other collateral for general marketing purposes and oversee collateral inventory.
- Liaise with PR and Communication Managers on practice-related press releases, awards submissions, and other external communications ensuring visibility of the practice and related lawyers in the relevant markets. Work with firm public relations team on the announcement of new laterals and partner promotions, deal closures and other significant achievements, and assist in implementing practice group PR goals and objectives
- Manage client events and sponsorships, including: Coordination of speakers/agenda, budget tracking, drafting/mailing invitations and invitation lists, internal/external advertising, working or attending the, measuring ROI and ensuring participant follow up. As applicable, produce seminar materials and hand-outs.
- Liaise regularly with the Associate Director, marketing staff and participate in scheduled team meetings.
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Degree in Marketing or a related discipline or a minimum of 5 years relevant experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize.
- Able to complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to think critically and analytically, and exhibit sound judgment.
- Effective interpersonal and team working skills.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Familiar with general accounting principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft SharePoint. Familiarity with InterAction, Website CMS and Concep Campaigner software [Marketing] a plus.
- Flexibility to evolve with the position as required.
Salary: $80,000.00-$95,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 4.27.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt