New York, NY or Washington, DC
This position supports the Litigation Client Development Director and Manager and the Client Development team on a wide variety of initiatives, including the execution of research, pitch materials, presentations, responses to requests for proposal, marketing content management, marketing communications, events, sponsorships and general business development activities.
While supporting activities across legal departments and providing an enhanced level of support for client development activities related to the Litigation Department, the Client Development Coordinator is responsible for developing an understanding of department and firmwide priorities in order to properly assist with activities that support those interests.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists in preparing sophisticated, thoughtful, and persuasive pitches, including RFP responses. Works to coordinate responses, including development of and adherence to timelines, coordination of administrative elements, and review of substantive content for quality assurance and consistency.
- Coordinates the full lifecycle of steps related to the planning and implementation of firm events, sponsorships, conferences, webinars, and client entertainment and receptions.
- Reviews and conducts research on companies, industries, marketplaces, and competitors related to pitches and other strategic initiatives; develops insights and communicates recommendations and applicable information.
- Works closely with the Client Development Director and Manager to support experience database content management through Foundation (the firm’s content management database).
- Provides support for market recognition initiatives and legal directories (Chambers USA, Legal 500, etc.).
- Works with colleagues to support contact management efforts via InterAction (including database and contact updates, development of targeted marketing lists, tagging client activities, etc.).
- Leads social media strategy as it relates to the Litigation Department and individual lawyer’s business development activities. Also supports marketing communications-related activities, such as website updates, improvements to attorney biographies and online profiles including LinkedIn.
- Assists in the activities related to onboarding lateral and/or new partners, specifically in developing and executing individual client development plans.
- Performs special projects as requested by Client Development leadership team.
- Displays professionalism, quality service and a “can do” attitude to internal members/departments of the firm as well as external clients and vendors via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
- Excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize action steps and meet deadlines.
- Research skills and reasoning ability to turn data into succinct and useful deliverable for lawyers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite software, among other tools.
- Ability to work independently.
- BA/BS required.
- Experience in a professional services environment, preferably with a law firm, in a marketing or client development role is preferred.
Salary: $70,000.00-$80,000.00, dependent on experience and location
Date Active: 5.19.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt