New York, NY
The Manager is responsible for overseeing and reviewing the preparation of the partners’ draws and distributions and accounting for all partner related activity to all equity and fixed share partners as well as being the primary contact for partner queries regarding Payroll, T&E, the other New York departments, the US regional offices and the international offices.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential Functions
Draws/Distributions: Review the monthly partner draws and quarterly distributions schedules, ensuring timely submission to payroll, including reviewing and reconciling withholding payments, foreign exchange rates, and personal expenses.
Account Analysis: Validation of monthly charges to specific partner general ledger accounts, including tax withholdings. Responsible for approximately 40 partner related accounts that are reconciled daily.
Annual budgeting: Preparation of annual estimated budget, including two updates to the estimates during the year and monthly reconciliations.
Supervise: Supervise and train the staff accountant(s), review and approve their journal entries, account analyses, etc. and manage their PTO, attendance and performance reviews.
Project Management: Implement standardized process to calculate monthly and quarterly partner payments.
Liaison: Act as liaison with other NY departments, US offices and International offices regarding accounting policies, procedures and general accounting or finance questions.
Any additional responsibilities as required by management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 8+ years of experience in public accounting, the legal industry or a corporate accounting department.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize to complete time-sensitive tasks. This is a high profile function.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail, sense of urgency, dependability and excellent friendly customer service.
- Solid US GAAP accounting knowledge.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills required.
- Must be able to manage time and multiple assignments.
- Must be able to direct staff members as well as work as part of a larger team.
- Good communication skills required as it will be necessary to interface with the US and International offices as well as the various New York departments and US offices.
B.A. in Accounting mandatory; CPA preferred.
Experience in a law firm, especially in partner accounting, highly desirable.
Salary: Highly competitive above market merit based compensation
Date Active: 7.20.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt