Any East Coast Location
This is a fully remote opportunity
Research, track and report on all transactional and finance deals and other related matters, in support of the business development and marketing initiatives of the Firm, and, generally work with other Departments on technology initiatives as relates to the Corporate Deals Database.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential functions
- Oversee functionality of the Corporate Deals Database, including liaising with IT to make enhancements and/or resolve issues.
- Oversee the Corporate deal reporting process globally for all transactional and finance practices.
- Draft and enter all transactional and finance deals into the Corporate Deals Database; coordinate with deal team leader(s) as to the appropriateness of usage in business development materials (e.g. pitches, firm website, etc.) and for approval of final text.
- Proactively monitor news, Firm in the News (internal resource) to create new matter profiles used in pitches, directory submissions and in daily news alerts, etc. when matters are first learned of and proactively reach out to deal teams to complete relevant deal reporting forms.
- Generate weekly Private Equity/M&A, Banking & Finance and Capital Markets experience spreadsheets for distribution to broader Business Development team.
- Produce targeted lists of representative Firm experience for a wide variety of business development purposes, including pitches, legal guide submissions and other award opportunities and other internal and external presentations, as requested.
- Research and update deal profiles proactively (e.g. closing dates, company name changes) and communicate updates to relevant members of the business development team in real-time.
- Research and re-tag deals as necessary to support Corporate Business Development initiatives (new practices, industry sectors, etc.).
- Train members of corporate business development team on use of corporate deals database and related documents.
- Any additional responsibilities as required by management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent research skills and familiarity with common online business databases, e.g., Mergermarket, Bloomberg, Thomson, Hoovers, LPC Gold Sheets, etc.
- General understanding of M&A, Private Equity and Financial markets and terms (e.g. knowing the different types of deals)
- Extremely detail oriented, self-motivated and able to prioritize workload and advance projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office generally, advanced excel required
- Database entry and database management experience required
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and collaborate efficiently as a team member
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in a corporate or legal environment
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 9.22.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt