New York, NY
The Manager, Associate Lateral Hiring will be responsible for all aspects of the firm’s lateral associate and special counsel hiring (“lateral hiring”). As a member of the Legal Personnel and Recruiting Team, whose focus is law school and lateral associate/special counsel hiring, you will have the opportunity to collaborate and work with a dedicated and talented team of industry professionals.
- Manage full-cycle recruitment of lateral associates and special counsel including drafting job descriptions, sourcing candidates, reviewing and circulating resumes, scheduling interviews, communicating with candidates and search firms, collecting interview feedback and coordination of offers.
- Work with the Director of Legal Personnel to create and implement firmwide hiring strategy to recruit and hire top talent, including attracting diverse candidates.
- Discuss staffing needs with practice group and business unit leaders with respect to department needs, review evaluations and make hiring recommendations
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with attorneys, administrative departments, managing partners, practice group leaders and search firms.
- Responsible for all on-boarding efforts related to incoming lateral hires including paperwork, coordination of logistics with various administrative departments, overseeing the preparation of orientation schedules and materials, and managing the process.
- Maintain relationship with new lateral hires to ensure proper assimilation into their practice groups and with other departments, as well as colleagues.
- Stay abreast of recruiting issues and best practices in the legal industry and make recommendations, as appropriate.
- Participate in NYCRA, NALP and other relevant industry organizations and events.
- Assist with other recruiting functions and special projects, as needed.
This position requires a college degree, and a minimum of 5–7 years of legal recruiting experience working in a law firm or other service industry. Strong computer skills including Word, Excel and working on information databases. The Manager, Associate Lateral Hiring must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, writing and speaking skills; be accurate, organized and detail-oriented; and be able to juggle several tasks simultaneously and work effectively under pressure. The responsibilities of this position require a strong team player with a positive attitude, the ability to maintain confidential information, exercise good judgment, and follow-through on assigned tasks. The position also requires flexibility to work beyond the typical business day hours.
Must present proof of being fully vaccinated, including a booster shot, if eligible, against COVID-19. Accommodation for non-vaccination is subject to a bona fide medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief. Furthermore, the accommodation cannot cause the Firm an undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others in the workplace and the candidate who requested the accommodation.
*The above is only a current general description of the essential duties and responsibilities associated with this position. It does not represent an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. The firm may change any job description, in whole or in part, at any time, including adding, removing, or otherwise altering any job duty or responsibility, at its sole discretion. Nothing herein creates a contract of employment or otherwise changes the at-will nature of employment at Firm.
Salary: Competitive market compensation
Date Active: 2.14.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt