New York, NY
Assist attorneys with the formation and maintenance of corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies and various aspects of transactions involving mergers and acquisitions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs due diligence related to various loans and corporate transactions, including debt and equity financings and mergers and acquisitions.
- Organizes and files formation documents for corporations and limited liability companies partnerships, including drafting and filing documents, reserving names, filing assumed business names, handling IRS application process and working directly with clients.
- Assists with closings of merger and acquisition transactions, including ordering of UCC and lien searches and summarizing results; orders certificates of good standing and certified charter documents as prerequisites to closing, as well as coordinating and compiling closing sets.
- Assists with closings of debt and equity financings, including obtaining and compiling good standing certificates, and various closing deliverables and closing sets, as well as researching and coordinating federal and state securities law filings.
- Prepares and maintains company minute books and other company records.
- Drafts and organizes documents for closing; supervises closing room; assists in closing and post-closing matters, including required state filings, and preparing closing binders.
- Handles audit letter requests; drafts audit response letters; coordinates execution and Audit Letter Committee approval.
- Retrieves UCC filings, and files UCC’s at county and state level.
- Files initial applications for, abandoned and withdrawal of assumed names at state and county level.
- Performs advanced on-line research for transactions.
- Achieves billable hourly requirement set by the firm.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Paralegal Certificate preferred.
Experience: Minimum seven years’ experience preferred.
Special Knowledge: Familiarity with federal and state and county forms regarding corporations and partnerships and filing procedures; familiarity with the Corporations Code; familiarity with securities laws filings (such as federal Form D filings).
Technical Skills: Technical expertise in Microsoft Office, including Access; ability to perform Internet-based searches.
Attributes: Work with limited supervision as well as supervise and lead others; attention to detail; excellent oral and written communication skills; strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task; ability to understand and analyze legal issues.
Other Qualifications: Maintain confidential information.
- Firm will require COVID vaccination for all employees who will have any in-office presence with proof of vaccination being required. Individuals with medical or religious reasons for remaining unvaccinated may request an accommodation.
- Job is performed in a typical office environment, but is subject to time pressures and constraints, and is often dependent on input from others.
- Occasional overtime and travel may be required.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 1.10.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt