Our client is seeking a Litigation Paralegal with experience in Consumer Finance to sit in its Princeton office. The Litigation Paralegal assists attorneys with case planning, development, and management, legal research, interviews clients, gathers facts and retrieves information, drafts and analyzes legal documents and collects, compiles and utilizes technical information, to make recommendations to the attorney.
- Meets with attorneys, clients, and other professionals to discuss assigned cases or projects.
- Drafts legal documents including routine pleadings and motions, affidavits, and interrogatories; files motions and pleadings according to judicial procedures.
- Document collection and review, electronic filing, maintaining litigation calendars, and research and analysis of evidence to be used in litigation cases.
- Researches and analyzes statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal sources; provides written analysis to attorneys.
- Interviews clients and witnesses and prepares summaries of their statements.
- Prepares, organizes, stores, and retrieves case files, which may include evidence, exhibits, depositions, pleadings, exhibits, and other items.
- Assists attorneys with trial preparation, which may include attending trials and hearings.
- Develops and maintains records regarding billable hours spent on specific cases.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 7 years of experience within the litigation department of an AmLaw250 law firm
- Paralegal certificate is preferred
- Associate degree in paralegal studies or related field preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
$85,000 – $95,000, nonexempt. Compensation varies based on experience and qualifications.
Salary: $85,000 – $95,000
Date Active: 9.23.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt