New York, NY
Hours: 9:30am – 5:30pm or 10:00am – 6:00pm
We are seeking a Paralegal to join our New York City office for a minimum two-year commitment. The Paralegal will gain hands-on experience working with attorneys at all levels which will create a well-rounded law firm experience.
The Paralegal will work alongside attorneys during all phases of the litigation process, from the initiation of a case to the discovery period through trial and post-trial findings and appeals. Paralegals will report directly to the Paralegal Manager, and Partners/Associates are considered immediate supervisors.
- Organize documents and coordinate document productions.
- Conduct the Bates-stamping, redaction, duplication and indexing of documents. Set up and maintain files which are organized chronologically, numerically and/or by subject matter. Work with E-Discovery Support on electronic productions. Under the guidance of an attorney, categorize documents by subject matter, prepare a chronology of facts, create production logs, privilege logs, correspondence logs and document collections logs as needed.
- Conduct various document searches and factual research.
- Create and maintain internal case databases, run searches on internal and external document databases and systems, cull relevant information from a variety of resources such as Westlaw, Bloomberg, libraries, case documents, Concordance, Pacer, Eclipse, and trade associations.
- Research regarding potential new cases and entities.
- Assist attorneys with initial research, including opposing counsel, co-counsel, judges, mediators, relevant parties, etc.
- Prepare witness and matter materials for case preparation.
- Draft and organize interview memos, digests, and other relevant documents for attorney review and case preparation.
- Conduct and prepare fact development materials for case research.
- Under attorney supervision, review and analyze discovery materials and prepare charts, memos, reports, chronologies, and binders as needed.
- Prepare for and attend depositions.
- Under attorney supervision, gather and prepare documents relevant to the deponent, organize exhibits, take notes and handle exhibits during the deposition, and digest transcripts to summarize highlights of a proceeding.
- Motion practice.
- Pull relevant documents, prepare blue backs, cite check and proofread papers, organize exhibits, and create document indices in the preparation of motion filing.
- Cite checking and blue booking.
- Assist attorneys with cite checking and blue booking briefs, memoranda, court filings, and legal publications.
- Court filings.
- Work with attorneys and the Managing Clerk’s Office in the preparation and filing of all court documents. Create, bind, and distribute both file and courtesy copies. Organize the briefs, exhibits and appendices.
- Act as liaison among various internal departments as well as with outside agencies.
- Oversee the progress of documents through litigation support departments, order transcripts from reporting services and fulfill requests from outside counsel and others.
- Prepare for and attend trials.
- Organize exhibits, files and all other supporting documents, coordinate trial set-up and logistics, assist attorneys in the courtroom by taking notes, handling exhibits, and marking documents referred to by counsel; assist in the preparation of witness testimony and serve as liaison between trial attorneys and in-house staff.
- Prior paralegal experience preferred
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, and writing skills
- Strong attention to detail and consistency
- Excellent computer software and research skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Team-oriented mindset and strong work ethic
- Ability to multitask and think strategically
- General interest in the legal field as demonstrated through undergraduate coursework, extracurricular activities, or jobs and internships
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- 1200-1500 Target billable hours per year
- Ability to work overtime
- Assist with Conflicts Coverage as needed and Case Monitoring
- Notary (within first 3 months of employment)
- Perform general administrative and office duties as needed
Salary: $55,000 to $65,000 based on experience
Date Active: 9.13.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt