New York, NY
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support attorneys in all aspects of litigation practice.
- Assist with the collection, review and organization of discovery materials.
- Coordinate with Automated Legal Support Department to create, maintain and update document databases.
- Prepare documents for production and create document productions logs, privilege logs and redaction logs.
- Assist attorneys with the preparation and filing of pleadings and other court documents.
- Assist in conducting and organizing factual research relating to experts, witnesses, arbitrators, corporations and other entities.
- Prepare witness prep binders, deposition exhibits, case chronologies and other materials.
- Organize and maintain deposition transcripts and exhibits; prepare errata sheets.
- Organize and maintain case files, pleadings, expert materials, attorney notebooks and other documents in hard copy and electronic binders.
- Cite-check legal documents to conform citations and authorities to the Blue Book standard, Shepardize authorities, verify the accuracy of quoted material and cited exhibits.
- Summarize articles, reports, witness statements, deposition transcripts and other materials.
- Assist legal teams at depositions, witness interviews, presentations, conferences, hearings, oral arguments and trials.
- Assist in scheduling of court reporters, videographers and room reservations for depositions.
- Assist with e-filing of documents in federal and state courts on occasion.
- Anticipate attorneys’ needs; advise and mentor junior paralegals on complex matters and assignments.
- Conform to the state rules of Professional Responsibility.
- Work on special departmental projects and handle other duties as assigned.
- Must possess high level of proficiency with litigation databases, including Relativity and deposition transcript management databases.
- Must possess high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with document management systems, file transfer platforms, mobile devices and basic information governance.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail for extended periods of time.
- Must have interpersonal and communication skills necessary to effectively liaise between attorneys, clients and various support departments.
- This position frequently requires work hours in excess of 35 hours per week in order to perform the essential duties of the position. Ability and willingness to extend the workday and/or contribute on weekends as needed is required.
- Must have the ability to travel upon short notice.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Litigation Paralegal in a law firm, including prior trial experience
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature, etc.
- Full C-19 Vaccination and Booster are required unless otherwise permitted by law.
Date Active: 8.5.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt