New York, NY
The Paralegal is responsible for managing all aspects of large-scale and complex matters. Including large volume of documents, assisting with depositions, managing pleadings, privilege logs and court filings. Organizing and managing electronic and hard copy document collections. Managing and manipulating data in litigation support software. Legal and factual cite checking. Trial preparation and attendance. Prioritize and manage multiple cases/projects. Team oriented with a collaborative focus.
- Manage production of hard copy and electronic documents, including collecting documents and data from clients, processing documents from opposing and third parties, maintaining chain of custody, handling logistics of document productions, designing and implementing document review procedures, preparing privilege logs.
- Maintain case files, including storing hard copy and electronic documents, overseeing document management systems, implementing privacy and confidentiality protocols.
- Prepare briefs and other legal documents for filing, including cite checking (applying Blue Book) proofreading, cite-checking, compiling exhibits and appendices, formatting documents according to local rules, filing documents, serving legal documents on opposing parties, arranging for service of process.
- Perform substantive factual research, including analysis of documents, summaries of information, conducting interviews.
- Research court rules and procedures
- Maintain case calendars and track deadlines
- Prepare for depositions, conferences, and hearings, including compiling documents, assisting in preparing witness outlines, managing logistical and technical details.
- Prepare for trials, including compiling and tracking trial exhibits, preparing documents and evidence for courtroom use, setting up trial offices, managing trial vendors, interacting with courtroom staff and opposing party paralegals.
- Perform administrative tasks as required and any other functions/duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree required or ABA Paralegal Certification
- 2-5 or more years of relevant experience
- Travel may be necessary
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook Suite
- Fundamental proficiency in online research and internet resources (Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw and equivalents)
- Ability to navigate various electronic databases and document repositories
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills; strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work well independently, as well as effectively within a team.
- Knowledge of Beyond Compare 4, CaseViewNet, Directory List & Print (Pro), E-Transcript Viewer, Lexis CaseMap, Lexis TextMap, LMO; Novo Compare, QuickTime Player, RealLegal E-Transcript; SharePoint; Westlaw Drafting Assistant, Winsome File Reamer and WinZip.
Salary: $75,000.00-$100,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 2.3.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt