New York, NY
Reports to: Litigation Practice Group Leader and Director of Administration
A prestigious, midtown, law firm, is currently seeking an experienced full-time Litigation Paralegal.
Provide general support to the litigation attorneys and practice group engaged in busy litigation law practice. Responsibilities include compiling, analyzing and maintaining client materials in the course of the firm’s representation. Essential functions of the position include, but, are not limited to:
- Perform factual and legal research including Internet research.
- Summarize and organize deposition digests.
- Organize trial exhibits as needed.
- Attend depositions and trials as necessary.
- Organization and filing of litigation document productions.
- Create and maintain court paper binder information.
- Maintain Conflicts Database.
- Create, maintain and track of litigation files.
- Troubleshooting any problems with Litigation Practice Group Leader.
- Assist in locating and retrieving litigation files.
- Additional projects upon request.
Abilities and Skills
- 3+ years of mid-large law firm experience as a Litigation Paralegal
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and track extensive detail
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with personnel
- Ability to work under stress
- Must be flexible with overtime, as needed, including evenings and weekends.
- Willingness to work with and assist other staff members in accomplishing work assignments
- Pleasant and cooperative attitude
- Must be able to handle confidential information sensitively and discreetly
- Bachelor’s degree required
Salary: Competitive above market merit based compensation
Date Active: 9.8.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt