New York, NY
This position is primarily responsible for assisting with secretarial and administrative tasks by performing the following duties.
- Perform daily administrative tasks;
- Answering, screening telephone calls and taking messages for attorneys;
- Editing and revising documents;
- Assist with document conversion and clean up documents; create and revise legal documents adhering to Firm styles and guidelines;
- Court filings through the E-filing system for both Federal Court and State Court;
- Create and edit Tables of Authorities and Tables of Contents using Best Authority;
- Enter and edit attorney time entries through Aderant;
- Fill out expense reports;
- Filing documents in case files;
- Preparing outgoing mail and sorting incoming mail;
- Perform day to day duties of department secretary;
- May be assigned coverage in a particular secretarial absence.
- Strong secretarial organizational skills;
- Extraordinary attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and complete a high volume of work in a timely manner;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments while consistently delivering quality work product to both attorneys and clients;
- Proven experience performing under pressure in a fast-paced environment, both individually and within a team setting;
- Flexibility to occasionally arrive early or stay late as necessary;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Windows 7, Microsoft 2016, Word, Outlook, Excel, Nuance PDF Converter, iManage Document Management System, Best Authority, Aderant, CompareDocs, Big Hand Dictation System and Compulaw;
- Positive attitude, ability to interact well with all support staff, professional staff and clients;
- Holds a current Notary Public commission or will acquire a Notary within the first 6 months of employment;
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
Education and Experience
- Minimum HS diploma.
- Excellent benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401K plan available to all full-time employees.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 10.29.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt