Litigation Knowledge Management Attorney
Mountain View, New York, Foster City, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Santa Monica
The Knowledge Management (“KM”) Attorney manages development of and access to core practice content, related business intelligence data and helps drive process improvement through form adoption, process improvement, checklists and knowledge bases for practitioners within practice groups. This is a highly self-motivated individual that works closely with the Litigation practice leadership in aligning knowledge resources around expertise within each Litigation practice area to better leverage expertise within each practice specialty. This position can be based in any of our U.S. offices, with travel as needed.
- In coordination with practice area expert lawyers: assist with drafting, create processes for updating and managing standard forms, internal memoranda on practice legal issues, and practice process checklists; identify work product precedents (exemplar documents) in coordination with practice group leadership and subject matter experts.
- Initiate and coordinate legal knowledge projects and systems within assigned practice area(s).
- Train and assist practice area lawyers and paralegals in use of the firm’s relevant knowledge tools and information resources; coordinate with peers in other practice areas to exchange best practices in knowledge resources developed by each area; monitor and share with practitioners recent, relevant legal developments and current market practice developments and trends.
- Develop and manage legal knowledge information collections and databases; including experience databases, presentation collateral, engagement letters, legal opinions, and other topics as defined by practice needs.
- Coordinate with the IT and KM professional staff regarding content management and access systems; develop and manage legal knowledge information collections and databases.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to build new systems and processes from the ground up, and to suggest and execute on solutions given practical constraints.
- Advanced data gathering and reporting skills, including development and use of database systems and reporting.
- Expert legal knowledge and practice skills in assigned practice area(s), such as Litigation.
- A desire to continually learn and grow, including regularly absorbing new information about the firm’s legal practice, business practices and the industries and technologies of our clients and aptitude for learning new systems and procedures quickly.
- Superior customer service ethic, communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to motivate participation in new systems, change behavior, and work seamlessly with and extract information at all levels.
- Advanced proficiency in document management search functionality and systems.
- Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory, business practices and philosophies, and of Inter/Intra/Extranet technologies, particularly for legal-specific uses (portals).
- Highly organized, efficient and extremely detail oriented, with ability to stay productive under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with proven ability to anticipate problems and move things forward with little input or direction.
- Expert knowledge of the workflows and the core needs of lawyers in the assigned practice area.
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- The ability to keep your cool in a demanding environment (a sense of humor helps, too).
- The qualified candidate will have 3-5+ years of law firm experience as a Litigation associate with emphasis on technology company representation. Experience with knowledge document assembly applications. JD required.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 5.26.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt