New York, NY; Hong Kong
This role has a focus on legal resource allocation within the Legal Staffing & Utilization team.
The Legal Staffing & Utilization (LSU) Specialist is a member of the Global Legal Services department and reports to the Assistant Manager of Legal Staffing & Utilization. The LSU department is responsible for (a) the strategic staffing of our growing global group of lawyers, and (b) detailed analysis of firm productivity. This role is critical in the assessment of legal nuances and subsequent deployment of the right attorneys to our legal cases – a combination of analyzing legal needs and identifying those with the necessary experience to handle the work.
- Actively assess and analyze attorney workloads, experience, interests, feedback, and availability to effectively staff them on matters
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of firm legal products and how they overlap with attorney expertise to ensure nuanced staffing on cases
- Prepare informed staffing proposals and communicate workload expectations with attorneys and senior leadership
- Effectively communicate case needs and manage attorney expectations regarding their workload
- Coordinate orientation sessions and prepare for ad hoc meetings with new partners and associates
- Routinely check in with attorneys regarding their casework and potential new assignments
- Work cross-functionally with the Attorney Development and Strategy departments to successfully staff attorneys and provide metrics for their professional development needs
- Prepare critical staffing analysis materials for regular Partner and management meetings
- Maintain data accuracy across a variety of platforms (3E/Elite, Intapp Matter Team Manager, Excel) for purposes of tracking legal staffing needs and activity levels that dovetail into crucial client financial projections
- Collaborate with system managers (3E, Handshake) to identify opportunities for efficiencies in LS&U operations
- A. or B.S. degree required
- 3-5 years in a professional services organization; legal industry preferred
- Possess strong analytical skills with exceptional attention to details and accuracy
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel required
- Ability to effectively assess multiple criteria and competing legal needs to accurately staff attorneys
- Proactively follow through and demonstrate ability to anticipate and address business needs
- Strong organization, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and self-motivation with a desire to take initiative
- Possess excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, with an ability to exercise a high degree of professionalism, diplomacy, and confidentiality in interactions with all levels of the organization
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze and efficiently present significant amounts of information
- Highly adaptable to a fluid and ever-changing work environment
- Experience with 3E/Elite is a plus
At the time of posting, the salary range for this role in New York is $70,000 – $90,000. This range is based on a full-time work schedule. Other compensation may include an annual discretionary bonus.
The successful candidate’s actual salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors, including but not limited to relevant experience, qualifications, licensure/certifications, training, skills, and market data.
Salary: $70,000 – $90,000, doe
Date Active: 3.10.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt