New York, NY
What You Will Be Doing
Delivers excellent work and superior service to the firm’s clients; contributes to the firm’s reputation for excellence by providing highly efficient and effective administrative support to a legal team of attorneys and other assigned personnel.
About The Role
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring the efficient daily administrative operations of the assigned legal team. Communicates with attorneys and secretarial teammates to help balance the team’s workload to ensure completion of projects within established time frames and quality standards; seeks assistance from the Secretarial Resources Supervisor when workload demands and deadlines require.
- Demonstrates expertise in the firm’s technology systems. Composes correspondence, data and presentations as requested, with strong attention to detail. Demonstrates knowledge of the firm’s policies and all applicable administrative procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for assigned attorneys’ business email and calendars as appropriate; provides reminders and follow-up; proactively coordinates schedules and reimbursements associated with meetings and travel; and prepares meeting materials in advance.
- Manages and maintains an organized electronic filing system, using the firm’s record management system. Manages the lifecycle of work matters by assisting attorneys in engaging new clients, opening new matters and coordinating the conflicts process, drafting engagement letters, communicating with clients, monitoring client metric reports, maintaining client budgets, managing the monthly client billing process, and coordinating the matter closeout process.
- Supports attorneys’ business development by tracking speaking engagements, maintaining contacts, conducting research and preparing reports and presentations as needed.
- Proactively provides quality service to internal departments and external parties by interacting professionally and displaying a “can do” attitude via electronic and print correspondence, when answering telephone calls, taking and relaying messages, greeting visitors and coordinating attorney, client or other inquiries in the absence of the attorney. Maintains a professional relationship with other legal counsel, courts, agencies and professional organizations with whom the attorney(s) works. Acts as liaison with the firm’s internal service departments to ensure the provision of quality services to the legal team and Firm’s clients.
- Demonstrates teamwork by utilizing workflow tools to share work and provide administrative support to other secretarial teams, or as requested by the Secretarial Resources Supervisor, whenever workload permits; contributes to the integration and training of new legal and support staff.
- Demonstrates discretion when handling sensitive or confidential information.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
Your Qualifications/What You Will Bring
- Good oral and written communication skills, including thorough knowledge of business English, grammar, spelling, and punctuation and ability to compose routine business correspondence.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with people at all levels, both inside and outside the Firm.
- Proficiency with computer skills, including Microsoft office products.
- BA/BS preferred
- 2+ years administrative experience, preferably in legal or professional services organization, a plus.
Upon joining the firm new hires will go through our onboarding program and be paired with a staff mentor to help them acclimate to the firm. Additionally, there will be opportunities for new employees to take advantage of training and development, public service, and diversity and inclusion programs.
Firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.
Date Active: 2.16.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt