San Francisco, CA
- As a Legal Secretary you will perform a variety of secretarial duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature for attorneys. Roles and responsibilities also include:
- Performs complete secretarial functions for attorneys requiring knowledge of format, procedure, and specialized terminology.
- Researches and obtains a wide variety of information or documents requested by attorneys and/or paralegals.
- Transcribes and proofreads materials from shorthand, notes, tapes and drafts.
- Composes materials such as correspondence, minutes, real estate, and finance documents and general forms.
- Maintains and tracks schedules and calendars for attorneys.
- Arranges meetings and conference calls. May order meals, refreshments, and equipment as requested.
- Coordinates travel arrangements. Updates attorneys concerning mail and phone messages while traveling.
- Drafts, revises, and submits client billings. May contact clients regarding delinquent bills.
- Processes expenses and/or invoices for payment.
- Arranges for faxes, copying, and messenger service.
- Arranges and maintains chronological client report files.
- Greets and screens visitors, determines the nature of contact, and provides appropriate information. Assists visiting clients with secretarial support needs.
- Assists with special projects as necessary.
- Promotes effective work practices, works as a team member, and shows respect for co-workers.
The successful Legal Secretary has a high school diploma or equivalent, with college or business school coursework desired. He or she should have five (5) years legal secretarial experience to interpret law office policies and procedures and produce accurate legal documents with minimal supervision. The Secretary must have excellent verbal communication skills. The Secretary must type at a competitive speed and be proficient in PC applications, including word processing and spreadsheet software.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 1.6.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt