New York, NY
Responsible for the effective, efficient and consistent delivery of recruitment functions and communications including, but not limited to, the execution of the firm’s summer programs, law school recruitment and non-partner lateral hiring as well as additional projects upon request. Supervises, develops and trains recruitment coordinators and assistants.
Assists with proactively supporting client service by actively participating in the firm’s Service Excellence initiative. Ensures that staff members are providing quality service to internal members/departments of the firm as well as external clients and vendors by displaying professionalism via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person and by encouraging an atmosphere that rewards a “can-do” attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees firm wide processes and recruitment reporting and works collaboratively with Recruitment Managers across offices.
- Supervises, guides, develops and trains recruitment coordinators and assistants.
- Actively participates to help align recruitment efforts, best practices and strategy across offices.
- In alignment with the firm’s strategic goals, objectives and initiatives, develops the recruitment budget. Manages monthly monitoring of the accounts, anticipates and resolves discrepancies.
- Ensures accuracy of recruitment and interview process data and assists with Affirmative Action Plan compliance and reporting.
- Proposes and implements strategy for law student outreach and law student program(s) through communications with law school placement offices, email campaigns to 1Ls, contact with student groups, and other means.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and best practices.
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned.
Summer Associate Program
- Successfully designs, manages and evaluates all aspects of the Summer Associate Program including, pre-arrival processes and communications, orientation, mentoring program with partners and associates, social and community service events, diversity initiatives, educational and special firm programming.
- In partnership with Hiring Partners, Summer Program Co-Chairs, and Practice Managers, generates interest and solicits substantive summer associate work assignments and observational opportunities from the firm’s practice areas and pro bono programs.
- Collaborates with the Hiring Partners to manage the evaluation and offer process for summer associates.
Law School and Judicial Clerk Recruitment
- Effectively and efficiently manages the judicial clerk and law school student recruitment process including supporting efforts for branding initiatives and targeted law school communications.
- Leads the Hiring Committee and oversees successful on-campus and in-office interviewing, effective offer extension and follow up. Successfully meets hiring targets.
- Provides accurate hiring data and creates and maintains reports, metrics and analysis for internal and external purposes.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent application of firm wide recruitment policies and procedures.
Lateral Attorney Hiring
- Locally manages aspects of the non-partner lateral attorney recruitment process. Coordinates interviews, decision process, onboarding and integration for new hires.
- Firmwide departmental responsibility for non-partner lateral attorney hiring. Develops and maintains strong relationships with search firms to source candidates.
- Strong leadership and management skills are required.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent written and analytical skills, and ability to multi-task are required.
- Strong oral communication and inter-personal skills are required.
- Ability to work in a team environment is critical. Motivation and drive are important.
- Successful time management skills are required.
- Strong technical skills on the following applications preferred: Excel, PowerPoint, LawCruit, viDesktop.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of two years’ management experience and three years’ relevant legal, personnel or recruitment experience.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities, excellent attention to detail; ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and organizational skills.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 2.2.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt