Legal Recruitment Manager
Responsible for the effective, efficient and consistent delivery of recruitment functions and communications including, but not limited to, all aspects of attorney recruiting and hiring, onboarding and integration, the execution of the firm’s summer programs, law school recruitment and non-partner lateral hiring as well as additional projects upon request. Supervises, develops and trains recruitment coordinators and assistants.
The Legal Recruitment Manager should work collaboratively in achieving the firm’s and Legal Personnel and Development Department’s goals and objectives, with primary responsibility of the Boston. office. Ensures that staff members are providing quality service to internal members/departments of the firm as well as external clients and vendors by displaying professionalism via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person and by encouraging an atmosphere that rewards a “can-do” attitude.
- Oversees recruitment processes and reporting and works collaboratively with Recruitment Managers across offices. Assesses and measures effectiveness of same in Boston, MA.
- Supervises, guides, develops and trains recruitment coordinators and assistants.
- Actively participates to help align recruitment efforts, best practices and strategy across offices.
- In alignment with the firm’s strategic goals, objectives and initiatives, develops and maintains a recruitment budget. Manages monthly monitoring of the accounts, anticipates and resolves discrepancies.
- Ensures accuracy of recruitment and interview process data and assists with Affirmative Action Plan compliance and reporting.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and best practices.
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned, including the management of various firm wide and/or department wide projects.
Summer Associate Program
- In collaboration with the Legal Recruitment Coordinator, successfully designs, manages and evaluates all aspects of the firm’s Summer Associate Program including, pre-arrival processes and communications, orientation, mentoring program with partners and associates, social and community service events, diversity initiatives, educational and special firm programming.
- In conjunction with Hiring Partners, Summer Program Co-Chairs, and Practice Managers, generates interest and solicits substantive summer associate work assignments and observational opportunities from the firm’s practice areas and pro bono programs.
- In conjunction with Hiring Partners, manages the evaluation and offer process for summer associates.
Law School and Judicial Clerk Recruitment
- In collaboration with the Hiring Partners and Legal Recruitment Coordinator, effectively and efficiently manages the judicial clerk and law school student recruitment process including supporting efforts for the firm’s branding initiatives and targeted law school communications.
- With the Hiring Partners and Legal Recruitment Coordinator, leads the Hiring Committee and oversees successful on-campus and in-office interviewing, effective offer extension and follow up. Successfully meets hiring targets.
- Collaborate with the Diversity and Inclusion team and diversity committee to implement diversity recruiting initiatives.
- Ensures accuracy of hiring data. Creates and maintains reports, metrics and analysis for internal and external purposes. Review and analyze post-season metrics.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent application of firm wide recruitment policies and procedures.
- Works with Legal Recruitment Coordinator to propose and implement strategy for law student outreach and law student intern program(s) through communications with law school placement offices, email campaigns to 1Ls, contact with student groups, and other means.
Lateral Attorney Hiring
- In collaboration with the Legal Recruitment Managers and Legal Recruitment coordinator, locally manages aspects of the non-partner and partner lateral attorney recruitment processes. Coordinates interviews, decision process, onboarding and integration for new hires. Resource to lawyers throughout their hiring and due diligence process (conflicts process, background checks etc.)
- Firmwide departmental responsibility for non-partner lateral attorney hiring. Develops and maintains strong relationships with search firms to attract and source candidates.
- Strong leadership and management skills are required.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent written and analytical skills, organizational skills, and ability to multi-task are required.
- Strong oral communication and inter-personal skills are required.
- Ability to work in a team environment is critical. Motivation and drive are important.
- Successful time management skills are required.
- Strong technical skills on the following applications preferred: Excel, PowerPoint, LawCruit, viDesktop. Experience with WebEx and Flo Recruit is an added plus.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities; excellent attention to detail; ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 10.14.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt