New York, NY
Firm’s Legal Recruitment Manager is responsible for managing recruitment for the NY office. This position entails working closely with the New York hiring partners and summer program committee members, and reports to the Director of Legal Recruiting and Professional Development for the New York office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with Director to develop short and long-term hiring strategies to support summer associate, entry-level and lateral associate recruitment efforts.
- Manages campus recruitment efforts including law school outreach, student group partnerships, branding and networking events. Includes offer follow-up efforts and events. Travels to on-campus events as needed.
- Manage the call-back interview process. In cooperation with the legal recruiting assistant, organizes and confirms interview schedules and arrangements, and reviews and approves final schedules for distribution to attorney interviewers.
- Manages post-offer activities, including the coordination of offer dinners, and arranging return visits for candidates with offers.
- Works closely with the assistant to plan summer associate social events and educational programs. Attends summer associate events and other firm-sponsored recruiting events.
- Manages recruitment of lateral associate candidates from sourcing to selection. Includes coordination with hiring partners to articulate needs, and interfacing with search firms.
- Collaborate with the Legal Recruiting Managers across the firm to plan strategically and identify ways to improve processes and procedures.
- Monitor local market and stay informed with current market trends and law firm news.
- Oversee staff members who support the firm’s hiring activities.
- Provides special project support as needed.
- 3+ years of coordinating and managing law firm attorney recruitment programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required. A J.D. or an advanced degree in a relevant field is a plus.
- High attention to detail, exceptional planning and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), professional demeanor and presentation; ability to interact effectively with candidates, all levels of firm personnel and a variety of external clients.
- Provide outstanding client service, meet high quality standards for services and meet or exceed client expectations. Proactive in seeking innovative ways in which to help others.
- Possess superior judgment and discretion; recognize confidential, sensitive, and proprietary information and maintain such information as highly confidential.
- Strong problem-solving skills, takes initiative and uses good judgment, excellent follow-up skills.
- Proficiency in MSWord, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be well versed in viRecruit (preferred), or a similar recruiting database/software.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed. Some travel required.
Salary: Highly competitive merit based compensation
Date Active: 6.23.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt