Legal Recruiting Specialist
New York, NY
The Legal Recruiting Specialist will manage the full end-to-end recruitment process for Partner and Associate hiring, in one of the world’s leading law firms, covering the Americas region. You will deliver an effective and efficient recruitment service by partnering with the business to meet the business resource needs, in order to deliver the highest standard of expertise to their clients. The role will be responsible for driving the sourcing strategy, building talent pipelines, designing recruitment campaigns, reviewing and shortlisting candidates, interviewing, management of offers and candidate feedback, and evaluation of the recruitment process.
- Assist with developing and delivering the strategic objectives of the Recruitment team in accordance with the HR and Firm strategy.
- Work closely with the Head of Legal Recruitment (US), the Partner Recruitment Manager, and the Global Head of Recruitment in addition to other lateral recruitment specialists in the network.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Firm leadership, management, sponsor Partners, and senior lawyers across the Firm with strong attention to client service.
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment process and recruitment lifecycle for lateral hires for applicable internal client groups while delivering an exceptional candidate experience.
- Assist with entry-level recruitment by:
- Finalizing student callback schedules, preparing correspondence to attorneys and students, and assisting in post-offer follow-up efforts.
- Assisting with the bi-weekly hiring committee meetings: collecting candidate reviews and finalizing candidate packets.
- Assisting with planning and overseeing summer and entry-level programming as needed, including helping with summer reviews, conducting market research, and assisting with diversity initiatives at target law schools.
- Deliver innovative and creative recruitment solutions to hiring Partners to meet strategic objectives.
- Provide best practices guidance while coaching hiring Partners in the attraction, assessment, and candidate management process within an extremely competitive market.
- Monitor efficiency and effectiveness of team’s process, making enhancements and improvements as needed.
- Stay abreast of changes in all areas related to the legal industry, employment law, and recruitment.
- Monitor and track recruitment metrics, including but not limited to, tracking lateral submissions and spending, while reporting metrics to the team.
- Respond to a range of recruitment inquiries and carry out more complex procedures.
- Manage third-party relationships with recruitment agencies and headhunters.
- Provide coverage for other Lateral Recruiting Specialists as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties and projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive recruitment experience in a professional services organization. Law firm and lateral recruitment experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities and consistently deliver high-quality results in a timely manner.
- Must have a strong knowledge of recruitment methodology and candidate engagement with the desire to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to navigate a matrix organizational structure with a full understanding of a professional services environment.
- Ability to exercise the utmost sense of confidentiality and sense of urgency.
- Proven track record of building rapport and credibility with applicable internal client groups while delivering results to meet strategic objectives.
- Strength of character, ethics, commitment, and reliability.
- Must be resourceful and resilient.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented approach to work with a deep commitment to client service.
- Technical proficiency in a range of software, including Microsoft Office products and applicant tracking systems.
- Must be independently legally authorized to work in the United States.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 1.12.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt