A global, venture capital firm is a $10B+ investment firm that is one of the industry’s longest-standing global venture capital operations. Firm has a leadership team of 20 investment partners and over 45 investors with a presence in New York, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Boston, Tel Aviv, London, Bangalore, and Beijing. Firm operates a multi-stage, sector-agnostic, geography-agnostic, technology investment platform. Over the years, Firm partners have backed industry leading companies across the technology landscape including Shopify, LinkedIn, Twilio, Pinterest, Wix, Fiverr, PagerDuty, Procore and Box.
This is a truly unique opportunity for an innovative, business-oriented project manager with experience as a corporate paralegal to make a significant strategic impact on the legal and compliance infrastructure of a global venture capital firm. Reporting to Firm’s Associate General Counsel and collaborating with the firm’s General Counsel and other legal and compliance team members, this role will work with the entire legal and compliance team on transactional and corporate matters, portfolio company support, fund formation and administration, third party contracts, regulatory filings and the oversight of the firm’s compliance program. The Legal Project Manager will use excellent communication, organizational and prioritization skills when interacting with Firm’s broader operations team and investment professionals, as well as its outside counsels and portfolio companies.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage transaction closing process for new investments and exits in Firm’s investment portfolio. This includes coordinating checklists to ensure compliance with fund documentation as well as regulatory requirements.
- Work with the compliance team to complete securities and regulatory filings and contribute to the oversight of Firm’s compliance program (including new hire onboarding, conflict tracking and clearance (e.g., campaign contributions and outside activities)).
- Collaborate with the legal and compliance teams on executing the firm’s fund formation and co-investment activities.
- Assist with ongoing portfolio company corporate and regulatory matters (e.g., know your customer requests, public company related party questionnaires, etc.).
- Coordinate review of non-disclosure agreements with 3rd party service providers, review routine requests independently and track Firm’s non-disclosure agreement obligations.
- Develop, implement and maintain processes, systems and tools to promote knowledge sharing about portfolio company transactions with broader operations team.
- Create and coordinate legal department approval processes for portfolio company signature requests.
- Identify, design, implement and oversee processes, systems and technology solutions to increase efficiency and improve internal document management, project management, and tracking of legal department approvals.
- Oversee litigation and records retention management.
- Manage the firm’s insurance programs (including annual renewals and claims management for fund insurance policies as well as annual renewals of portfolio company policies to confirm they are properly insured).
- Oversee legal invoice management system (e.g., improve legal invoice management systems and manage invoice intake and organization).
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and strong academic record;
- 4+ years of work experience at a law firm or in-house legal department as a corporate paralegal;
- Experience with investment adviser compliance requirements is a plus;
- Experience working with legal department technology solutions is a plus;
- Project management experience;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to adapt to different audiences and condense complex ideas into simple messages;
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to handle, prioritize and follow through on numerous projects simultaneously;
- Strong sense of accountability and taking ownership over projects with the ability to manage workload independently and prioritize tasks to meet deliverables;
- Excellent track record of working effectively with colleagues as part of a team;
- Unwavering professional ethics and personal integrity;
- Hungry to learn and curious to ask questions; and
- Ability to handle confidential information sensitively and discreetly.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 5.27.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt