Legal Personnel Specialist – M&A
Under the direction of the Senior Legal Personnel Manager – M&A , the Legal Personnel Specialist will support the M&A practice group leaders and the administration of the M&A practice group, including assistance with M&A associate staffing and professional development.
- Work alongside the Senior Legal Personnel Manager to provide support to M&A partners with regard to associate needs, including staffing and utilization, ongoing monitoring and analysis of workloads and tracking skills and experience to make recommendations on staffing requests.
- Assist in coordinating the annual evaluation process for associates and counsel; solicit and compile interim feedback.
- Serve as a resource for the M&A associates in connection with assignments, interpersonal issues, and career planning.
- Assist with planning and coordinating M&A group events.
- Strategize with the Senior Legal Personnel Manager to develop and implement new M&A group initiatives.
- Meet regularly with associates to assess morale, identify training issues, answer questions and address concerns.
- Assist with coordination and tracking of associate and counsel vacation schedules and related coverage.
- Assist with the lateral associate onboarding process, including assigning mentors.
- Meet with lateral hires when they join the firm; check-in with new laterals periodically to ensure they are transitioning successfully.
- Coordinate associate and counsel off-boarding logistics with other members of the legal personnel team.
- Follow up with associates and counsel to ensure their diaries are entered in a timely manner.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- 3+ years of professional service experience, with a minimum of 1 year of law firm experience; experience in practice group or talent management in large law firm preferred.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with attorneys and staff throughout the Firm.
- Highly organized and self-directed approach to work with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with intense client service orientation.
- Creativity in developing solutions and achieving results.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personnel and other sensitive matters.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 6.15.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt