New York, NY
The Recruiting and Legal Personnel Coordinator provides administrative support for the department and coordinates all aspects of the law school recruiting program, the summer program and legal personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Recruiting Related Duties
- Register Firm for law school recruiting and prepare and submit post-season surveys.
- Staff hospitality suites for law school recruiting.
- Plan recruiting receptions and dinners.
- Process incoming resumes including checking for prior contacts and sending to attorneys for review and consideration as necessary. Using recruiting database, ViRecruit, to track candidates, schedule interviews, gather interview feedback from attorneys and generate feedback reports.
- Coordinate clerk hiring campaign including annual mailing to judicial clerks.
- Schedule and arrange callback interviews for law students, clerks and lateral candidates.
- Prepare materials for law school interviewing and recruiting events.
- Provide input on mentor assignments for summer associates and associates.
Provide support for Summer Associate Program by:
- Coordinating orientation and onboarding programs for incoming summer associates including paperwork and scheduling training;
- Gathering summer associate feedback for assignments from attorneys;
- Coordinating end of rotation and end of summer reviews for summer associates; and
- Coordinating group events, including Summer Smorgasbord events with partners.
- Support and attend recruiting, summer associate, and Firm functions as requested and be a visible part of Firm culture;
- Serve as point of contact and coordinate with search firms for lateral hiring, as necessary.
- Serve as administrator for the of viRecruit applicant tracking system, including but not limited to supervising upgrades and maintenance.
- Create and maintain calendar of all Firm-sponsored law school programming including career services and student organization events.
- Maintain law firm statistics, (i.e. Attorney Count document, Offers Outstanding document, NALP Form).
Legal Personnel Related Duties
- Process all paperwork required for admission to the Bar.
- Complete employer affidavits for current and former attorneys and summer associates.
- Process work visa and related immigration paperwork for summer associates, attorneys and visiting attorneys.
- Maintain membership with the local city group New York City Recruitment Association (NYCRA) and the National Association for Law Placement (NALP).
- Serve as a resource to associates to discuss matters on an ad hoc basis.
- Ad hoc projects as requested.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of current recruiting and diversity best practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all levels of personnel. Professional and gracious demeanor and service attitude at all times.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently under pressure.
- Ability to provide support for detailed and complex projects.
- Flexibility in the midst of multiple and/or changing priorities and deadlines.
- Professional grace and demeanor and service attitude at all times.
- Integrity – strong professional and ethical standards; must observe confidentiality of personnel and Firm matters.
- Proficiency in Outlook, MS Office Suite and familiarity with ATS such as Vi or similar databases.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two or more years’ experience in professional services environment in recruiting, legal personnel and/or human resources.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature, etc.
- This position is full-time and requires flexibility to maintain confidentiality, work extended hours and/or travel, as necessary.
- Full C-19 Vaccination and Booster are required unless otherwise permitted by law.
*The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Date Active: 7.8.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt