New York, Mountain View, San Francisco, Santa Monica or Seattle
Premier, forward thinking, global law firm is seeking a Legal Personnel and Training Coordinator. The Legal Personnel department is responsible for creating and implementing programs and policies to assure the effectiveness and career satisfaction of the firm’s lawyers. These efforts will support the Firm’s reputation and contribute to its competitive edge as a preeminent law firm, comprised of excellent lawyers providing the highest quality of cost-effective legal services. The coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and assisting all aspects of the firm’s legal personnel and training functions. This position can be based in any of our U.S. offices.
Reporting to the Senior Legal Training and Development Manager, the qualified candidate will have two years’ experience in comparable position in law firm or fast-paced professional services environment. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Manage all conference room reservations details, including creating Webex and catering orders, for regularly scheduled attorney trainings and Legal Training & Development (“LT&D”) meetings.
- Work directly with A/V team to communicate A/V needs, assist with set-ups, and ensure that all technical requirements are met.
- Follow-up with IT team for video editing and Panopto link.
- Assist in creating LMS events for trainings and eLearnings and sending out program registration emails.
- Organize and prepare materials for trainings, including hard and electronic copies, and assist with the distribution of materials as needed.
- Organize and document materials and programs in LMS, SharePoint and hard files.
- Assist in assigning CLE and presenter credit.
- Assist in creating and sending out viSurvey evaluation survey to all attendees.
- Monitor LT&D inbox and assist in responding to attorney questions about training and development resources.
- Provide weekly contents for LT&D bulletin.
- Assist with the update and maintenance of spreadsheets and databases, including LT&D master spreadsheet.
- Maintain calendars and create agendas for department meetings.
- Update LT&D calendar on SharePoint weekly.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of all firm policies and practices as they relate to attorneys and ensures the appropriate implementation of each.
- Maintain attorney personnel records in Workday.
- Provide administrative support related to legal personnel issues, including but not limited to, policies and procedures, leaves of absence, flexible vacation, performance reviews, hours elections, career development plans, work opportunities, grievances, interpersonal challenges, compensation and bonus matters, reduced schedules and other flexible work arrangements, office transfers, mentoring, coaching needs, transitions, and outplacement counseling.
- Assist with all aspects of attorney evaluation processes.
- Support partner development programs, including partner coaching and partner upward reviews.
- Work and collaborate with other administrative departments, such as HR, Diversity & Inclusion and Recruiting, to ensure smooth cross-functional support to attorney population.
- Assist with orientation, integration programs and offboarding process for attorneys.
- Coordinate and assist with budgeting and tracking expenses for department. Reconcile monthly American Express account.
- Network with colleagues in competitor law firms.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the confidence and professional demeanor necessary to interact with partners.
- Excellent computer skills, with a proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently under tight deadlines.
- Client service orientation and responsiveness.
- Availability for occasional evening and weekend work hours and for travel between offices, as necessary.
Salary: $65,000.00-$78,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 3.2.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt