New York, NY
Our client is one of the nation’s largest law firms devoted exclusively to international trade and customs matters. The firm represents a wide variety of clients, ranging from privately held companies to Fortune 100 corporations engaged in the manufacture and distribution of textiles, consumer electronics, foodstuffs, computer and telecommunications equipment, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, automotive products, steel, wearing apparel, agricultural products and a host of other consumer and industrial products. Their practice is highly transactional involving a large number of diverse client inquiries requiring expedited responses.
This Legal Executive Assistant positions reports to the Firm Administrator and supports one of the Firm’s Co-managing Partners and 3-4 attorneys.
- Open new client matters; coordinating as necessary with other departments to ensure firm procedures are properly followed
- Enter new client contact info into CRM system
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations
- Draft and finalize retainer letters
- Drafting/editing/finalizing correspondence, redlining a variety of agreements
- Calendaring and arranging travel; prepare itinerary, as requested
- Entering, editing and closing attorney time entries into Rippe time keeping system, as required
- Prepare of expense reports
- Organize and set up food/beverage for partner monthly in office meetings
- Answer/direct calls, set up Zoom calls, calendar dial invite calls
- Print and organize client emails and attachments in binders for attorney
- File attorney’s emails in correct client files on document management system
- Draft, finalize and disseminate Web posting and/or email blasts for attorney
- Support and back up other Legal Executive Assistants and Receptionist
- Special ad hoc projects
Qualified candidates will:
- Possess strong initiative, demonstrating an ability to resolve issues/problems independently; have strong organizational skills; be able to work independently as well as in a team setting and have the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks at a time
- Demonstrate professional maturity
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Be a team player, willingness to actively contribute and share responsibility with other executive assistants in order to complete tasks, meet goals or manage projects.
- Be willing and able to actively listen to others within the organization, respect ideas and aim for continuous improvement in processes and procedures.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), and social media platforms
- Other essential requirements for this position include the ability to communicate in a professional manner to develop rapport with clients; maintain strong working relationships with colleagues; exhibit meticulous attention to detail; handle confidential and sensitive information; and possess strong proofreading and typing skills.
Salary: $65,000.00-$100,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 9.6.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt