New York, NY
The Legal Executive Assistant will handle calendaring and scheduling meetings across multiple geographies and time zones and will otherwise provide a full range of administrative and secretarial support to the Chair of the firm’s Tech Group (“Senior Partner”). The position requires familiarity with a variety of the Firm’s practices and procedures.
Essential Job Requirements
- Primarily responsible for calendaring and scheduling (i.e., coordinating meetings and calls across time zones and in multiple geographies with travel in between, arranging conference room and restaurant reservations, and related work). This will often entail calling third parties and following-up by email to confirm, as well as initiating reminders and tracking lists as well as ensuring that calendar entries are provided in a way that facilitates one touch dialing from smart phones (domestically and abroad).
- Triaging inbound confidential and time sensitive correspondence (especially emails), manage priorities by proactively assuming responsibility for items that can be delegated, persistently pursuing those meetings that are most important to the Senior Partner and ensuring that low priority meetings that may be easy to schedule aren’t crowding out those that are more important and harder to schedule. This will entail interfacing with clients and others and requires a high degree of professionalism.
- Scheduling and managing airline reservations domestically and internationally is an essential part of the responsibilities.
- Responsible for accurately entering and updating Senior Partner’s contacts in Outlook and assisting with list management.
- Maintain and update a list of follow-up items for routine review with Senior Partner.
- General executive secretarial duties, including but not limited to, answering phones, taking messages and forwarding calls; processing incoming/outgoing mail; knowledge of core technology – both hardware (smart phones – especially iPhone, scanners, printers, etc.) and software (Excel, PowerPoint, web-based applications such as Google Docs, LinkedIn, Airtable); opening new client matter accounts (conflict checks, intakes, drafting retainer letter and file opening); organizing and maintaining electronic and paper client files and keeping filing up-to-date; entering the Senior Partner’s billable time; learning/maintaining knowledge of the Senior Partner’s law practice and client/matter history and relieving the Senior Partner of administrative tasks.
- Tracking of document versions and updates, including proofreading edits executed by others. Converting documents between applications and clean-up/formatting documents.
- Knowledge of the firm’s billing procedures to have the ability to gather information when requested for Senior Partner or Specialist.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Uphold a professional demeanor at all times. Maintain the confidentiality of the information being managed and exercise discretion over sharing information.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Minimum of 3+ years’ work experience as an Assistant; law firm experience a plus.
- Ability to function effectively in fast-paced environment; exhibit high degree of professionalism.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to independently problem-solve and arrange workload in order of importance to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently, as workflow dictates.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Proficiency with .pdf Docs, FileSite, Microsoft Outlook and Expert Time.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 2.4.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt