New York, NY
Provide legal administrative and billing support to the Global Co-Managing Partner and Global Head of Disputes, working closely with and under the guidance of the Executive Assistant.
- Coordinate and schedule multi-party/time-zone calls, meetings, travel and other events, and manage highly active calendar in Outlook.
- Enter diary narratives into Intapp.
- Handle all aspects of bill preparation, including, for example: initiate pro formas; review, categorize, edit and transfer time entries; prepare and finalize bills for partner review; mail or submit bills electronically; track outstanding client bills and follow up with partners, clients or revenue group to resolve payment or outstanding issues.
- Prepare and submit expense reports using Chrome River.
- Support new business intake, including, for example: request and follow-up on conflict checks; prepare forms to open new client matters; submit electronic approvals.
- Answer telephone calls, promptly convey accurate messages, and execute appropriate follow-up to ensure closure/response.
- Manage contacts lists in Outlook and/or Interaction.
- Execute various additional administrative duties, including, for example: creating and maintaining paper and electronic files; handling photocopy, scanning, and print requests.
- Create, edit, format and proofread letters, memos and other documents using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, iManage, and Change-Pro as necessary. Compose routine correspondence and emails, as needed.
- Assist with the coordination of business development, marketing, social and other events.
- May assist partner with personal requests (i.e., maintaining personal files, contacts, calendar).
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Excellent client service and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong knowledge of computers and software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, iManage, Outlook, Interaction, Elite, Intapp and Chrome River, specifically)
- Hands-on legal billing experience (handling all aspects of billings and collections)
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple concurrent tasks
- Ability to think clearly and work well under pressure in a demanding environment
- Ability to exercise judgment, diplomacy and discretion in handling matters of a confidential and sensitive nature
- Strong calendaring skills (view, edit, send, create and respond on partner’s behalf)
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively and flexibly with colleagues and clients all levels
- Ability to influence without authority
- Ability to master new technology using on-line training tools
Education & Experience
- At least five years of secretarial experience preferred (legal secretarial experience preferred)
- 4-year college degree or equivalent preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
Physical Activity/Other Miscellaneous
- Flexibility to work outside standard business hours as required, including morning, evening and weekends
- Ability to work at 599 Lexington Avenue location on regular basis
- Ability to lift and carry up to 15 pounds
Salary: $84,000.00-$103,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 2.2.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt