New York, NY
The Legal Administrative & Billing Assistant (LABA) will provide administrative and secretarial support to the to Global Governance & Advisory Practice Group Leader in New York Office.
- Answer phones, take accurate messages and ensure they are routed and conveyed with appropriate urgency and follow up to ensure closure/response.
- Read partner emails daily, identify action to take, respond when appropriate, follow up with partner regarding action items.
- Manage and coordinate daily calendar, including scheduling meetings (both in person and virtual) across time zones, organizing materials, facilitating catering requests, etc. Manage contacts lists in Outlook and/or Interaction.
- Manage administrative duties including but not limited to arranging conference calls, meetings (both in person and virtual), complex travel, creating and maintaining, paper and electronic files; as well as handling miscellaneous photocopying, scanning, faxing and printing requests.
- Manage all travel arrangements along with necessary accommodations and expenses.
- Create, edit, format and proofread letters, memos, and other documents using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, DM, and Workshare Compare as necessary. Compose routine correspondence and emails, as needed. Assist with audit response letters.
- Draft engagement letters, budgets, and special billing arrangements.
- Enter diaries into InTapp; prepare current assignment sheets. Prepare and submit weekly expense reports using Chrome River.
- Request conflict checks, open new client matters and submit electronic approvals, as needed.
- Handle all aspects of bill preparation as required, including: initiate pro formas; review, categorize and transfer time entries; finalize bills for partner review; mail or submit electronically; track outstanding client bills and follow up with partners, clients or revenue group to resolve.
- Draft invoices for partner approval, sending to clients upon request. Manage the collection of accounts receivables.
- Assist with coordinating business development, marketing, social, and other events.
- Assist with drafting pitches to potential clients regarding firm capabilities, lawyer experience, and transactions. Update attorney biographies.
- Interact with and respond to clients in a timely and professional manner, whether in person or through incoming calls.
- Provide backup secretarial assistance to partners, associates and other legal and administrative staff as assigned.
- Assist partners with personal requests (i.e., maintaining personal files, contacts, calendar)
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to resolve issues by using judgement that is consistent with standards, practices, policies and procedures.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint and Outlook, and other virtual communication platforms.
- Strong legal billing and collections experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail, with an ability to prioritize and handle multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ability to work well under pressure and be in contact beyond business hours, working on a flexible schedule if necessary.
- Strong calendaring skills, with an understanding of complex scheduling that can arise from working across multiple time zones.
- High degree of professionalism and outstanding interpersonal skills, with the capacity to work effectively with and/or manage a variety of people at all levels in all departments.
- Ability to maintain the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to research and analyze various types of data and develop meaningful conclusions/recommendations.
- Ability to create and maintain corporate minute books.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of due diligence process.
- Ability to work and communicate with appropriate state and federal entities on filings and inquires.
Education & Experience
- At least five years of secretarial experience preferred (legal secretarial experience preferred).
- 4-year college degree or equivalent preferred.
Physical Activity/Other Miscellaneous
- Flexibility to work outside standard business hours as needed.
Salary: $75,000.00-$90,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 4.29.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt