The DC office of a full-service national law firm is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant.
Scope of Responsibility: Responsible for providing attorney and non-attorney assignments clerical and administrative assistance to maintain high standards of efficiency and professionalism with clients.
Job Duties (including but not limited to):
- Participates in cultivation of client relationships by becoming familiar with the case/matter which provides for better service to the client and aids assignments in better preparing for client meetings.
- Maintains calendars for assignments, schedules meetings and appointments; arranges for conference rooms and ensures conference rooms are appropriately stocked with beverages and supplies; escorts clients and visitors from reception area to appropriate conference room; makes travel arrangements as needed.
- Opens and distributes mail to assignments.
- Creates and edits correspondence, memoranda, pleadings, etc. Transcribes dictation.
- Responsible for copying, faxing and scanning documents in appropriate format.
- Prepares documents for mailing/delivery (i.e., U.S. mail, overnight delivery, UPS, courier).
- Familiar with filing procedures (i.e., electronic filing) and appropriate documentation needed for various courts and entities.
- Processes paperwork to open new client files; creates files in Firm’s record management system; maintains current files and organizes files before processing for off-site storage.
- Enters daily timekeeping for assignments.
- Edits monthly billing memoranda and creates transmittal letters.
- Prepares expense reports for assignments.
- Maintains current address/telephone listing of clients for each assignment, ensuring they are properly entered into the Firm’s client relationship management system. May be responsible for preparing mailing lists/labels for Firm-sponsored seminars/events.
- Maintains current log of client/matter numbers for each assignment.
- Orders supplies weekly and maintains sufficient stock.
- Takes advantage of all training opportunities to keep current with the Firm’s software and procedures in order to maintain high standard of efficiency.
- Provides assistance to other legal administrative assistants as time permits.
- Performs such other duties as assigned, maintaining team effort to provide best possible assistance to assignments and clients.
- Opportunity to handle some paralegal/client billable duties if interested.
- High school level education or equivalent office work experience.
- Minimum of three years prior legal secretarial experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; ability to communicate clearly and accurately; professional appearance and demeanor.
Salary: Open, dependent on experience
Date Active: May 17, 2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt