New York, NY
This position provides inexperienced applicants an entry-level opportunity to join the secretarial services team. Incumbents will be progressively exposed to the complete range of tasks that a Legal Administrative Assistant undertakes and over an anticipated training period of 2 – 4 years will be developed to be fully proficient and competent in all duties and responsibilities expected of an accomplished, experienced Legal Administrative Assistant.
Incumbents will be assigned to teams with at least one experienced Legal Administrative Assistant who will provide oversight, guidance and integration to the firm’s general approach to provision of secretarial services. The Human Resources Director and the Floor Coordinators will ensure that the Legal Administrative Assistant receives assignments that will fully develop their secretarial skills and monitor performance development.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support in a Team of 2 or 3 Legal Administrative Assistants.
- Coordinate and maintain effective office procedures and efficient work flow; comply with policies and procedures set by the Firm; establish and maintain harmonious working relationships; foster an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation.
- Work effectively with other Legal Administrative Assistants within the assigned team; provide coverage to other Legal Administrative Assistants on the floor when needed and volunteer for overflow work assignments when time permits; must be able to collaborate and work in a shared work space and be accessible to both lawyers and other Legal Administrative Assistants.
- Schedule client meetings, reserve conference rooms, coordinate audio visual equipment and food needs via firm software. Register Firm guests through Reception. Coordinate all aspects of lawyers’ travel arrangements (domestic and international) and prepare travel itineraries; monitor and process travel reimbursements in a timely manner; maintain Outlook calendar and contacts and monitor crucial due dates for lawyers as required.
- Organize, coordinate and communicate pertinent information with other team members. Monitor lawyers’ incoming emails as directed and when required. Answers phones and direct callers as required. Receive, register and assist visitors as required.
- Type, revise and proofread general correspondence, memos, legal documents, reports in Excel, etc. from various sources (e.g., handwritten notes, tape dictation). Prepare draft communication outlined by lawyer as required. Ensure accuracy and clarity of all work product in a timely manner.
- Utilize iManage document management system effectively as a central repository for all matter related documents.
- Establish and maintain records of documentation in a searchable electronic format (hard copies only when necessary). File hard copy data and documents as necessary in a timely manner. Retrieve information from storage as requested. Send paper files to storage on a periodic basis. Use Records Management System to process files for storage and retrieval. Update subscription books as required.
- Maintain lawyers’ time in Intapp Time, proofread and submit finalized time to Accounting on a daily basis. Maintain knowledge of client requirements for billing and prepare client billing as required. Prepare New Business Matter and update list of client/matter codes. Maintain and follows through on all client billing matters.
- Maintain appropriate sense of urgency and complete all work assignments within agreed upon deadlines.
- Create and maintain up-to-date lawyer Desk Procedures information reflecting specific instructions and expectations of the lawyers.
- Notify Floor Coordinators and HR Director about availability to assist with overflow work.
- Coordinate any planned time out of the office (PTO) with Legal Administrative Assistant(s) in your assigned Team prior to submitting request to Floor Coordinators for approval.
- Submit time in Workday in a timely manner. All overtime must be pre-approved by requesting attorney.
- Mandatory participation in the Secretarial Certification Program.
- Timely and regular attendance.
- Perform other duties as necessary and as assigned by your supervisor for efficient functioning of the Department.
- High School diploma is required.
- College strongly encouraged.
- 0 – 3 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a high paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate work.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to manage workflow and delegate projects as necessary.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and manage deadlines.
- Ability to think critically and analytically in a pressured environment.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with various levels of staff within the organization.
- Ability to work productively and cooperatively with other employees.
- Ability to constantly learn new skills as they become necessary.
- Equipment: computer, duplicating machines, scanners.
- Systems: iManage, MS Office, Intapp Time, Chrome River.
- Flexible for overtime.
The salary range for this position is $74,900 – $100,000.
Salary: $74,900 – $100,000
Date Active: 9.25.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt