About the Firm
Our client has over 100 lawyers located in five offices, three in New Hampshire (Manchester, Concord and Portsmouth) and two in Massachusetts (Woburn and Boston). They are regularly listed as one of America’s leading law firms in Chambers USA, and 57 of its attorneys are listed in The Best Lawyers in America across a broad array of practice areas. The firm has a strong tradition over its 103 year history of deep involvement in the communities where its employees work and live, and of active participation in the bar and numerous charitable and professional associations.
Supporting one of our practice areas, the Legal Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following Duties/Responsibilities:
- Provide general administrative support to assigned attorney(s)/paralegal(s), which may include drafting client letters, fielding client phone calls, coordinating appointments, and calendar management.
- Provide highly technical document production including but not limited to typing, drafting and editing documents, redlining documents, conversion of documents from PDF to word, scanning, assembling of closing binders and making copies. Proofreads and edits documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and format. Files documents and emails in the Firm’s electronic document software. Distributes correspondence using email or hard copy delivery.
- Understand document legal terminology, basic legal procedure and law firm document protocol. Has knowledge of legal document formats such as contracts, and agreements. Maintains files and all client documentation.
- Utilize strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to ensure instructions are clearly understood and that work is completed as requested. Maintains a courteous and service driven demeanor at all times.
- Input time entries on a daily, weekly and or monthly basis. Opens new client and/or matter numbers; performs conflict checks.
- Answer telephone calls and take accurate and complete messages, gives information to callers, refers to others, or holds for team members. Provides relevant and timely information to clients and team members (including times when they are out of the office) in a professional, courteous, and effective manner.
- Bring organizational skills to the role with the ability to provide guidance on the most efficient and effective way to complete tasks. Takes initiative and is self-starter with work.
- This position is also expected to back-up team members by providing administrative support to other attorneys/paralegals as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years of legal administrative experience.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and knowledge (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
The estimated salary range for this role is $70,000 – $90,000.
Salary: $70,000 – $90,000
Date Active: 9.25.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt