An Am Law 50 law firm with 17 offices worldwide, has an opening for a Legal Administrative Assistant in their Washington D.C. office.
- The Legal Administrative Assistant provides a wide range of administrative, clerical, and document services to support the workflow and client service needs of attorneys and other timekeepers.
- Collaborates with legal secretarial staff and other teams to provide designated and “as needed” administrative services to assist in delivering exemplary service.
- Answers telephones and relays messages. Arranges conference calls.
- Copies, scans, faxes, and prints documents and attachments.
- Prepares materials for mailing and overnight delivery, including printing, assembling, copying, and ensuring appropriate delivery.
- Makes conference room reservations. Coordinates meals, multimedia, and other services as requested.
- Coordinates travel arrangements through the Firm’s travel department as requested.
- Prepares expense reimbursements; accurately inputs, codes, and routes invoices and inputs check requests.
- Performs general word processing, including creating, editing and proofreading practice-specific legal documents, forms, and correspondence, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Assists with billing process, including editing prebills, generating reports, and sending out final invoices.
- Assists with creating and maintaining client/matter lists and communication lists. Assists with organizing and maintaining physical and electronic documents and files in a timely manner. Creates and maintains working files and binders as requested. Utilizes firm technology to accurately store email messages and maintain and retrieve files.
- Utilizes Outlook to schedule appointments and calendar dates. Maintains contacts in Outlook.
- Assists with timenote entry, including inputting timenotes, editing, proofreading, and closing them on a daily basis.
- Proactively follows-up with secretaries for feedback on projects completed and requests for additional assignments.
- High School Diploma required. College Degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year administrative experience.
- Experience working in a professional services environment preferred.
- Prior customer service experience highly desirable.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills and commitment to delivering results by assisting co-workers.
- Client service orientation and ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and complete job assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Proficient with Windows-based software used by the firm, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Typing speed of 45 wpm with high level of accuracy.
- Flexibility regarding work schedule and availability to work overtime required.
Salary: $58,000.00-$65,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 5.2.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt