Los Angeles, San Diego, Silicon Valley or Orange County
A global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking a Leave Administration Specialist to join their winning team, located in Los Angeles, San Diego, Silicon Valley or Orange County. The success of the firm is largely determined by their commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides their clients with the highest quality of work and service. They are driven by their core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Leave Administration Specialist will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Firm’s comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As a Leave Administration Specialist, you will be responsible for leave of absence cases, the administration and management of leave of absence policies and case management workflow. You will ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations, notifications and documentation requirements, Firm policies and procedures. You will provide information to leave of absence questions from attorneys and staff regarding leave of absence policies, eligibility, state disability and FMLA. In partnership with the Global Benefits, Human Resources and Attorney Development, you will provide guidance and recommend specific benefit programs to attorneys and staff based upon the type of leave.
You will also develop and maintain relationships with people at all organizational levels of the firm, while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
- Receiving and responding to Leave of Absence and Disability Accommodation requests, as well as preparing and distributing required documentation.
- Utilizing the tools provided to maintain compliance with federal, state and local laws and firm policies.
- Communicating with employees regarding their needs for leave and/or modified work schedules. Ensuring employees are aware of their responsibilities and of any documentation and notice required to qualify for and to take leave.
- Providing education and support to supervisors, managers, Human Resources and others to assist with the management of protected absences and accommodations.
- Advising supervisor and management of observed trends, unanswered requests, potential problems, or critical issues in order to troubleshoot problem areas before they escalate and interfere with benefit efforts.
- Monitoring workflow and coordination of Leave of Absence assignments.
- Supporting leave management projects as needed.
- Coordinating and promoting other benefit programs (i.e. medical, life insurance, group legal and work/life program) with Global Benefits & Well-Being and determine which programs may be beneficial based on the type of leave.
- Coordinating with Payroll team, employee wages, taxes and state off-sets, ensuring timely, and accurate pay.
- Keeping continuous contact with attorneys and staff of the firm who are on leave to keep them involved and informed and supports any questions or concerns they may have while on leave of absence.
- Reviewing and confirming paperwork received is complete and accurate, and following up as needed.
- Coordinating disability claims with disability carrier, as well as monitoring disability claims and updates employees and local offices of approvals, denials, or requests for additional information.
- Performing data entry of leave of absence and benefit information into the human resources information, time & attendance, and payroll systems.
- Serving as the subject matter expert for medical and family leaves and coordinating leaves with benefit plans.
- Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers.
As a Leave Administration Specialist, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Leave Administration Specialist must have working knowledge of federal, state and local disability regulations regarding employee benefits and leaves eligibility, including, FMLA, HIPAA, ADA and relevant Worker’s Compensation Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities. The ideal candidate must possess comprehensive knowledge of the terms and conditions of all health and welfare plans, specifically state disability laws and FMLA, to ensure the proper administration by insurers and vendors, as well as knowledge of compensation and benefits practices. The Specialist must have strong communication, customer service, and analytical skills; the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion; and the organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines. The ideal candidate must possess the ability to perceive and analyze problems and develop alternative strategies to solve them, as well as the confidence and discipline to work independently and provide concise and specific recommendations to firm management. The Specialist must have knowledge and proficiency in PC applications, including MS Office.
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, or an equivalent of education and work experience. A minimum of two (2) to four (4) years of related leave management and accommodation experience is desired.
Firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Their commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables the Firm to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world’s leading law firms.
The Firm is also committed to protecting the health and well-being of their employees and partners, their families, and members of their community against COVID-19. Accordingly, they require all partners and employees based in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a documented underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents such vaccination. Offers of employment will be conditioned upon applicants presenting proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or obtaining an exemption on medical or religious grounds.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 12.14.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt