New York, NY
Full-service, forward thinking, law firm are seeking an experienced Law Firm Office Administrator to manage and oversee the daily operations of their New York office. The position is a blend of human resources, operations, administration, facilities, events and hospitality and requires the ability to comfortably wear several hats and adapt to changing priorities and demands with little or no notice. This is an opportunity to have a significant impact on the organization for a professional dedicated to providing top notch services and maintaining an environment in which staff and lawyers can thrive. Candidates who apply should demonstrate exceptional energy, commitment to service excellence, and leadership in growing the value of support staff in client relationships.
- Manage all office operational functions with an emphasis on practice assistant (secretarial) and support staff management, including personnel alignment, performance, evaluations, interviewing, and policy administration.
- Plan and conduct regular staff meetings and office events including client and business development events and charitable-related activities.
- Oversee facility maintenance; serve as liaison with local property management and working with building personnel and appropriate internal contacts.
- Conduct new hire orientation and assess staff training needs.
- Assist in budget preparation and forecasting; report monthly variances.
- Maintain office security protocol and ensure office meets proper business continuity obligations of the firm.
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of seven years working in a management role in a midsize or larger professional services firm and/or branch office.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Proven senior-level skills in management, communication, and organization.
- Sound judgment and effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment.
- Excellent problem solving and follow-through skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Salary: Highly competitive above market
Date Active: 10.1.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt