*Position will be office-based once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
Premier, global, law firm has an exciting opportunity for a technology professional to join their fast-paced IT team in their Charlotte office.
- Under direction of supervisor, performs a variety of applications support duties.
- Provide advanced technical and informational assistance to users of the Firm computer system in a timely, accurate, and courteous manner.
- Install software on PC’s, including desktops, laptops and tablets.
- Assist with the installation, configuration and support of Windows-based applications in our network environment.
- Perform product testing to ensure that developed products meet design specifications and are within total quality management limits and standards.
- Install, configure, service and maintain desktop, laptop, tablet computers and printers.
- Administration of the physical inventory of the computer equipment and printers.
- Provide support for various audio/video functions.
- Perform routine support on computers, printers, and other peripherals, connecting to wireless network, clearing paper jams, replacing toner cartridges, relocation and/or temporary setup of computer equipment, re-imaging, etc.
- Monitor print operations and perform routine repairs, updates, maintenance and reallocation of equipment.
- Provide after-hours technical support and coverage when needed.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware\software-related issues for users.
- Install new software packages on Firm computers and assist users with getting started becoming self-sufficient with firm technology.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair of computers and printers, including replacing failed hardware components and calling vendors for service, parts, supplies, etc.
- Maintain an inventory of all the Firms computer and printer hardware via LanSweeper and Web JetAdmin.
- Provide support for various mobile devices (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, etc.) This includes issuing loaner equipment and maintaining all checkout/check in activity.
- Provide audio/video and multimedia support in meetings and conference rooms within the office and testing of video conferences between firm locations.
- Provide one-on-one instruction on the use of new firm supported software applications as needed.
- Adherence to Firm’s technology standards, data protection and security awareness policies and procedures.
- Document software installation instructions and applications that are customized for the firm and implement selected software.
Skills Needed to be Successful
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with computer users regarding problems and questions.
- Ability to understand and translate technical material for non-technical users.
- Excellent organizational skills for prioritizing projects.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- General knowledge of PC LANs and networks including Windows.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and upgrades to existing applications.
- Ability to understand procedures and instructions specific to the area of assignment as would be acquired during four years of high school.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Windows and network environment.
- Previous experience working in professional services preferred.
- Previous experience teaching computer applications and writing documentation for applications is desired.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 11.24.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt