IS Program Manager
New York, NY
Under the direction of the Senior IS PMO Manager, the IS Program Manager manages firm wide business and technology programs that are related projects which vary in size, complexity, and are often concurrent, multi-year implementations.
The IS Program Manager is responsible for end-to-end delivery of all projects within the program; ensuring the goals & objectives are met as well as evaluating the project’s health: time; cost; business value; adoptability; and customer satisfaction.
The IS Program Manager oversees utilization of Project Manager and Business Analyst resources effectively when needed, ensures deliverables are met and the end product (solution) meets business needs.
The IS Program Manager works very independently, demonstrates a high degree of maturity in all of the project management / business analyst knowledge areas, and requires very little guidance and oversight of the Senior IS PMO Manager.
- Drive the successful delivery of end-to-end project management of multiple concurrent projects and implementations, following best practices set by the PMO Department and Senior IS PMO Manager.
- Develop and oversee execution of plans and strategies in close collaboration with business teams. Ensure alignment of information systems plans with business strategies.
- Provide team members with direction and vision of the engagement and related business goals, including motivating people to perform, listening to people, providing constructive feedback, recognizing strengths and overcoming challenges.
- Identify, document and manage project tasks, dependencies, and timelines. Provide prioritization guidance to teams to deliver on time and within budget. Identify risks and issues and drive them to resolution. Ensure continued focus on business requirements and provide effective status updates to stakeholders.
- Ensure effective management of assigned deliverables via use of detailed plans and proactive liaison with all affected parties ensuring that any delays, risks or issues are escalated for resolution in a timely and clearly understood manner.
- Resolve political, resource, budgeting, schedule and change issues affecting the project. Particular focus on proper escalation to Senior Managers and Stakeholders at the firm.
- Acts as project management mentor to career project managers and business analysts.
- Oversees vendor relations on projects where the supplier is external to the organization.
- Collaborate with the Senior IS PMO Manager to enhance the PMO Department.
- Requires a minimum of 8-10 years of managing a diverse range of technology projects in a fast-paced, political, highly matrixed environment. Financial Services and Legal industry experience a plus.
- Excellent influencing skills with technical and non-technical audiences. Demonstrated mastery in planning and facilitating meetings.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in alignment with project management methodology business analysis responsibilities.
- Ability to implement a selective and pragmatic approach of all PM knowledge areas.
- Must be extremely results oriented with little input from others. Excellent business judgment and a practical common-sense approach to getting things done.
- Ability to de-escalate, mediate and negotiate with individuals within a context of political sensitivity and conflicting interests, both internal, and external, to the organization.
- Must be team-oriented and willing to place the needs of the team before the needs of the individual.
- Six Sigma, Business Analysis and Business Process Management skills are preferred.
- Normal work hours with some evening/weekend work based on project deployment schedules (typically 9:30am – 5:30pm); this is a salaried position
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 8.5.2020
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt