IS Learning & Communications Specialist
New York, NY
Under the supervision of the Director of IS Support Services the IS Learning & Communications Specialist helps to ensure the firm’s awareness of technology solutions from a learning and communications perspective. The Specialist helps to develop and deliver communications, learning opportunities and content that ensures the awareness and adoption of technology changes. Through the careful development of content, the Specialist seeks to ensure the firm’s efficient use of technology and that the training needs of all departments are being met.
- Conduct all “New Hire” standard application and technology training.
- Develop and disseminate communications that provide clear and concise messaging.
- Respond to requests for training via phone, email, and other avenues.
- Develop and maintain online help content, course outlines, and E-learning tools.
- Develop new training courses/webinars reflective of the needs of attorneys and staff.
- Schedule individual and group classes at the request of the IS Learning & Communications Manager.
- Works closely with managers of other departments to identify and meet their training requirements.
- Seeks opportunities for frequent engagement with lawyers and members of Operations to ensure a clear understanding and appreciation of how they work and their requirements.
- Travel to other offices as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science/Information Systems, and a minimum of 3 years of experience in the area of Communications/Training/Technical Support (preferably at a law firm).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio), iManage, and Windows 10 operating system or higher.
- Proven past experience learning new and modified software, systems and procedures quickly and to teach these concepts to others.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and professionally in person, on the phone and in writing.
- Experience in developing outlines for new training programs.
- Record of delivering excellent results with pressures of volume, time constraints, and customer service expectations.
- Knowledge of e-learning design and development tools (such as Storyline, Rise, Camtasia, Captivate, HTML/CSS, Adobe Creative Suite) a plus.
- Work Requirements
- Standard office environment and hours (Mon – Fri, 9:30 to 5:30)
- Availability to work overtime earlier or later than standard hours to accommodate international offices and special requests.
- Travel required to domestic offices and as needed to international offices.
Salary: $85,000 to $115,000 based on experience
Date Active: 5.17.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt