IS Learning and Communications Manager
New York, NY
The IS Learning and Communications Manager (ISLCM), through careful planning and program development, ensures the firm’s awareness of technology solutions from a learning, communications and change management perspective. The ISLCM ensures they have a clear understanding and appreciation of how lawyers work and challenges they face with technology and uses this expertise and knowledge to ensure the quality and efficacy of communications and learning programs delivered. The ISLCM demonstrates strong capabilities in contributing toward planning and creation of content for learning and communications for all technology solutions and services to the business by collaborating with external and internal resources as appropriate.
- In conjunction with departmental leads, assess developmental needs across the firm and create appropriate training solutions, both independently and in collaboration with IS and the Professional Development department.
- Seeks opportunities for frequent engagement with lawyers to ensure a clear understanding and appreciation of how they work and of their requirements.Develops communication strategies that provides clear, meaningful and concise messaging related to technology changes and updates impacting members of the firm.
- Actively creates, designs and implements effective methods, plans and curricula for educating firm personnel on new technology, including in-person training, written documentation and eLearning.
- Collaborates with support and problem management teams to understand issues and upcoming changes from the customer’s perspective and uses this knowledge to create learning/communications/awareness content.
- Oversees the IS Communication and Learning Specialists, initiatives and scheduling, to ensure appropriate and most effective means of instruction for new technologies, processes or solutions to the firm.
- Oversees successful implementation of technology training orientation programs for new hires, incoming associate classes, one on one executive sessions and ongoing learning.
- Develop effective learning and communicating methods for our customers (E.g. Best practice techniques/methods such as case studies or delivery methods such as mobile, on demand learning, etc.)
- Act as an integral team member on various IS projects. Ensuring resource management related to communication plans, learning programs and learning content.
- Ensures the communications and learning team is apprised of new technology developments at the Firm and keeps them aware of upcoming projects.
- Ensures follow-up is performed for all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
- Conducts training classes, when necessary.
- Occasional travel for training or project related work.
- Must have a proven track record of developing a departmental strategy i.e., implementing new ideas and continually improving the service delivered.
- Proven ability to effectively supervise a highly effective team.
- 10+years of technical training experience. Preferably at a law firm.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Able to prioritize, takes initiative, be highly adaptable and see tasks through to completion.
- Strong client service, planning and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and display leadership qualities.
- Experience with utilizing a Learning Management System a plus.
- CPLP Certification and/or Membership history preferred.
- Langevin Certification preferred.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 5.25.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt