New York, NY
The IP Litigation Paralegal works effectively and collaboratively to provide organizational and substantive support to attorneys and paralegals in the IP litigation practice group. Assignments may extend to other practice areas and departments.
- Manage assigned cases and their related tasks and projects.
- Perform full range of paralegal tasks from case inception through case closure.
- Monitor court docket sheets for assigned cases.
- Bluebook, cite check, and proofread briefs.
- Prepare deposition notices and subpoenas; organizing, maintaining and preparing deposition materials, exhibits and summaries and tracking depositions.
- Remain current in industry trends in IP Litigation and the legal profession.
- Ensure expertise in technology relevant to the position; proactively use most current technology to further teamwork, client service, and efficiency.
- Trial preparation and attendance in both jury and non-jury trials in federal courts.
- Drafting and preparing documents for service and e-filing in federal jurisdictions.
- Creating templates for claim charts.
- Coordinating and managing large scale document collection and production.
- Preparation for fact and expert witness depositions.
- Experience gathering patent documents from USPTO databases and researching technical references.
- Preparation and set-up for Markman
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 or more years of IP litigation paralegal experience in a law firm setting.
- BS/BA degree required.
- Proven litigation skills, including knowledge of eDiscovery best practices, document review and production, trial and/or trial prep experience.
- Knowledge of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and local civil and patent rules, especially the E.D. Tex.
- Experience with litigation support software and review platforms including LiveNote, Concordance, IPRO, Trial Director and Adobe Full Version. Relativity and ViewPoint knowledge a plus.
- Strong cite-checking, proofreading, and blue booking skills.
- Availability for overtime as needed and ability to travel out of state.
- Able to perform searches on review platforms.
- Staging productions.
- Knowledge of ESI Collection procedures and best practices.
- Coordinating with vendors and Litigation Support regarding all aspects of eDiscovery.
- Pulling documents off review platforms.
- Electronic redacting.
- Familiarity with production logs, collection logs, and custodian logs.
Salary: Highly competitive merit based compensation
Date Active: 6.4.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt