New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA, Palo Alto, CA, San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC
Reports to: Director of Litigation Support Services
Provides economic and quantitative analysis, and other specialized practice support services to the Trade Regulation and Litigation lawyers and staff at the Firm.
- Undergraduate degree and related work experience in economics, finance, trade regulation, international trade, or statistics required. A graduate degree in a related area or JD is preferred.
- At least 5 years work experience in the area for either an economic services or consulting firm, or the Department of Commerce or International Trade Commission.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications, and at least one common relational database software tool. Competency with specialized statistical analysis software applications is a plus.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently, as well as part of a team. Accustomed to working with short deadlines and fast turnaround times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in responding to Department of Commerce and International Trade Commission questionnaires in trade remedy proceedings and related matters.
- Assist in preparing clients for Department of Commerce verifications in trade remedy proceedings.
- Conduct economic research and analyses in support of trade remedy, trade policy, and litigation matters.
- Provide financial and cost accounting support on matters involving complex client financial information in the trade regulation and compliance contexts.
- As needed, provide financial and statistical analysis. Advice and problem-solve with, and for Firm lawyers using Excel, and other common software for the preparation of complex quantitative litigation settlement analyses and presentations.
- Assist in the preparation of case budgets and litigation risk/reward analyses.
- Help identify/evaluate and work with experts who can supplement in-house services in the area.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Firm management. Status: Exempt Reports To: Director of Litigation Support Services.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 12.8.2020
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt