100% Remote Work from Home
New York, D.C., Austin, Dallas, and Houston
As part of the learning development team, the Information Technology Trainer is responsible for facilitating Firm’s training programs and initiatives as it pertains to Attorneys and Business Professionals. Additionally, this role will provide third- level technical support to Systems Administrators and Help Desk with respect to Firm-wide technical systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Facilitate consistent and engaging learning programs for Attorneys and Business Professionals on the Firm’s core and remote applications
• Provide just-in-time training and troubleshooting for complex software issues escalated to the training department via Help Desk or direct contact
• Coordinate and/or deliver other user training in accordance with the needs of the firm and/or department
• Generate class rosters, reports, and update attendance in Learning Management System for assigned classes.
• Respond to escalated tickets from the Help Desk team using ticket tracking software (HEAT). Update status of tickets and provide detailed resolutions. Assist Help Desk by responding to inquiries, conducting and assisting with follow-up training classes and resolving technology problems
• Provide technical support assistance and training to system users in the firm’s computer technologies
• Assist with curriculum development and application testing
• Team with Applications Integration team by participating in pilot orientation sessions, conducting testing and reporting results
• Assist in the development of instructional materials including course outlines, videos, quick reference guides, presentation materials and classroom activities
• Assist in developing and designing e-learning content
• Perform additional duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and professional experience; legal industry preferred
• Five years’ professional experience facilitating technology training programs in both in-person and virtual environments; including two years of law firm specific training
• Experience developing E-Learning videos; i.e. Camtasia a plus
This position requires advanced level knowledge on multiple software applications used in a law firm environment including:
- MS Office 2016 and higher (with an emphasis on Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
- iManage 10, FileSite/DeskSite
- netDocuments or similar large document management system
- Litera Forte, Contract Companion, Content Companion, Best Authority and DocXtools Numbering
- DocXtools Document Check, Troubleshooting, Rebuild, Batch Formatting, and Cross-Referencing
- Intapp Time (or similar timekeeping program such as Carpe Diem)
- compareDocs or similar comparison tool
- Adobe DC and Kofax PDF
- Box or similar cloud collaboration tool
- Zoom Desktop
- Zoom Meetings
- Zoom Cloud Meetings
- Zoom/Poly Phones
- Citrix and VPN
- iOS iPad/iPhone
- Blackberry UEM
- Blackberry Work (email, calendar and contacts)
- iManage Mobility
- Intapp Mobile
- Zoom Cloud Meetings
- Camtasia or similar video creation tool
Ability to quickly learn new applications and apply knowledge in written, verbal or classroom form; ability to diagnose complex technical issues/problems in a team environment. A stated ability to provide impromptu instruction in challenging and time-sensitive situations. Ability to clearly explain technical information and communicate effectively with all levels of personnel. Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while under tight deadlines. Basic networking understanding with the ability to diagnose hardware and software problems. Must be highly motivated with a desire to continuously self-develop on new and upcoming technologies or areas whereby expert level knowledge has not been achieved. Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and see projects through to completion.
- Firm will require COVID vaccination for all employees who will have any in-office presence with proof of vaccination being required. Individuals with medical or religious reasons for remaining unvaccinated may request an accommodation.
• Job will provide training and support to International and US office locations which may require early morning, late evening or weekend available.
• Job is subject to time pressures and constraints
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and skills required of personnel so classified. The firm reserves the right to revise or modify this job description at any time.
Salary: $60,000.00-$97,000.00.00, dependent on location and experience
Date Active: 7.19.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt