New York, NY
The Industry Manager will work closely with the relevant industry leaders. As a manager on the Business Development team, you will work in an advisory capacity to help manage a growing industry group at the firm. Responsible for providing high-quality, strategic business development advice to the lawyers in this sector, helping them to develop and grow their client relationships, on a global basis.
- Working with the industry leaders to set overarching industry targets and strategy ensuring that the firm grows its profile in the industry and continues to act on the most significant deals in the market.
- Ensuring the industry strategy is appropriately communicated internally, key stakeholders are engaged to deliver against the agreed objectives and progress is regularly reviewed.
- Coordinating the delivery of the industry strategy. This includes our market messaging, our approach to industry publications/briefings, alignment with industry bodies, industry conferences, events, thought leadership and profile raising initiatives across the industry.
- Develop industry plans to support our revenue growth strategy at the client and broader sector level.
- Promoting our diversity and inclusion credentials/agenda with key clients.
- Tracking trends and developments for the industry and priority clients to identify potential opportunities for the relationship partners.
- Helping to identify and track business development opportunities and client intelligence within assigned industry groups.
- Working with Attorneys and Practice Development Lawyers to develop ideas and products for discussion with our client relationship partners, with a view to further developing our relationship with individual clients and identifying business opportunities.
- Lead the collaboration with other parts of the Marketing and Business Development team, as well as other key teams across the Firm to develop initiatives which create and capitalize on business development opportunities for industry clients.
- Proactively look for market information to share with client teams and make recommendations on how best to action the intelligence.
- Work with our Global Research team to ensure our client teams are aware of key market developments concerning their clients.
- Proactively tracking client and industry news and trends, engaging with market research and news to identify revenue generation opportunities and driving those opportunities to their ultimate conclusion.
- Contribute to the development and execution of marketing and thought leadership campaigns for the industry.
Client Relationship Management
- Providing client team and account management support to clients within assigned industry.
- Collaborate with a number of client teams who are supporting some of our largest client relationships in the relevant sector, to ensure they are operating in accordance with best practice and instill a proactive approach to relationship management.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of key clients, including their strategy and key challenges.
- Drive the client planning, review and feedback process for our key clients in the industry group.
- Manage the production of client-related business analysis including revenue and profitability (including gap analysis), relationship mapping, market share, competitor activity, and client needs analysis.
- Draft pitches and capability statements for industry leaders and relationship partners, while collaborating with other practice groups or platforms.
- Monitor the outcome of pitches and record win/loss results in the firm’s pitch database.
- Develop and maintain standard pitch content for the industry group, create client mailing list, and produce a calendar of upcoming events.
- The position requires a high-energy and motivated team player. The individual must be able to adapt to change, balance competing demands and manage demands outside of traditional business hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, liberal arts or related field desired.
- Strong knowledge of the industry sectors.
- 7+ years of relevant experience with the combination business development, client relationship management, or Industry experience in an international law firm or professional services organization.
- Experience in all aspects of Business Development and Marketing, including pitching, practice group and sector marketing, client targeting and campaigns.
- Experience working in a law firm or professional services environment that requires buy-in and engagement of senior management or partners and working across cultures successfully.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to listen, clarify and share information easily.
- The ability to lead projects in a high pressure environment with a focus on results.
- The ability to resolve complex problems by analyzing the issues and generating solutions.
- Strong emotional intelligence and situational awareness and resilient and able to remain calm and positive under pressure.
- Proactive, decisive and mature in judgment.
- Ability to build working relationships across functions and at all levels.
- Excellent project management skills – ability to manage multiple responsibilities amid competing, tight deadlines, and changing business demands and opportunities.
- Flexible and adaptable to work cross-functionally and across borders.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 1.6.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt