New York, NY
A privately held industrial group with long term holdings and investments are conducting a search for a Legal Assistant to perform and coordinate a variety of analytical and administrative functions in support of the Legal Department. Responsibilities will include, among others, reviewing and drafting general corporate documentation, spearheading legal technology improvements, handling various transactional-related tasks, and assisting the members of the Legal Department.
- Drafting and editing general corporate documentation, correspondence and other written materials in connection with both investments and inter-company transactions
- Assisting attorneys in the review and negotiation of various investment related documents, including, but not limited to, purchase agreements, investor’s rights agreements, joint-venture agreements, etc.
- Spearheading legal technology improvements and implementation
- Helping to maintain and develop various internal compliance controls related to anti-trust, OFAC, AML, securities, etc.
- Support the General Counsel with special projects
- Conduct legal research and gather corporate information
- Maintain company-specific databases (SharePoint; Microsoft Access; Onit)
- Various clerical and administrative duties
- Exhibit professional demeanor and attitude
- Appreciate teamwork and developing consensus (ability to work collaboratively in a demanding, multi-task environment)
- Bring innovative and solution-oriented techniques for performing assignments
- Possess ability to work with minimal supervision
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with co-workers (including all levels of management) and representatives of outside organizations
- Possess strong proofreading skills (excellent spelling, punctuation and grammar)
- Organize information in a clear and concise manner
- Be extremely well-organized, detail-oriented, resourceful and self-motivated
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritize workload
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding company matters
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e., Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Availability to occasionally work overtime
- Undergraduate degree required; open to seeing law firm graduates that have corporate transactional paralegal experience from a mid-large law firm or in-house legal department
- Experience preferably obtained in a mid-large law firm environment within a corporate transactional practice and experience within an in-house legal department
About the Company
Company is a privately held, U.S.-based industrial group with long-term holdings worldwide. Founded in 1986, their industrial focus spans four sectors: natural resources and chemicals; media and telecommunications; technology/venture capital; and real estate.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 1.17.2020
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt