New York, NY or Stamford, CT
A privately owned hedge fund has an opening for an experienced Corporate Paralegal in their New York or Stamford office. Qualified candidates must have at least 3-4 years of corporate and securities experience in a large law firm or private fund formation experience or in a business practice with emphasis on limited liability companies and partnerships in a comparably sized law firm or public company’s corporate law department. Responsibilities include preparing and maintaining organizational documents, partnership and limited liability company agreements, transfer agreements, admission agreements and other amendments; researching Federal and State securities regulations in connection with fund formations and preparing and filing requisite notices; conducting due diligence review of documents and preparing opinions and backup in connection with fund formation; and handling SEC compliance reporting on behalf of venture fund clients with respect to their public company stock portfolios. Applicants are required to have a BA/BS degree and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, be detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities and track extensive details, and have the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with personnel and to handle confidential information sensitively and discreetly.
- Minimum of three-four years’ experience in the areas of securities and/or general corporate law.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal, written (grammar, spelling, format) and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization and demonstrate a team-oriented work style.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively handle shifting priorities and adapt to changing demands in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- BS/BA Degree
Salary: Highly competitive
Date Active: 5.4.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt