New York, NY
- Management of legal assistant support staff in all offices. Coordinate legal assistant assignments and reception coverage for all offices; provide daily coverage schedule for attorney(s) when needed.
- Work with IT department, administrative management team, and attorneys to ensure that all staff are properly trained on system applications, legal protocols, client guidelines, etc.
- Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook, policies, and procedures manual. Insures that the human resource policies and procedures are current and accessible for all personnel.
- Review, revise & enforce Firm’s Infectious Disease Policy as needed.
- COVID-19 planning and response – coordinate with Administrative Team to ensure all state and federal guidelines are followed in regard to safety protocols for operation of offices & reporting of cases. Work with Operations to ensure all informational updates are sent Firm-wide in a timely manner.
- Working with the Director of Operations, insure that the staff evaluation process is conducted on timely basis (annual). Maintain staff anniversaries and prepare evaluation forms and ensure distribution. Work with the IT Department if on-line forms are modified. Follow up to with managers and attorneys to insure that evaluations are returned within a reasonable period. Review evaluations and insure that discussions of the annual reviews and increases with staff occur. The Support Staff/HR manager is responsible for the evaluation process with all the support staff. Upon direction and receiving compensation guidance, create a salary plan for the support staff.
- Handle staff disciplinary issues – discussions with staff member & their direct manager re: individual performance concerns, drafting of warning/probation memos if needed, implementation and monitoring of performance improvement plans as needed; handles exit interviews when necessary. All disciplinary actions must be discussed with the Director of Operations before taking place
- Work with the Director of Operations to select a list of “approved recruiters” for the firm. Conducts recruitment effort – Create and post job descriptions for all staff openings within the firm; work with managers and recruiters to source talent. Review candidates’ resumes, conduct phone screenings; schedule interviews with qualified candidates.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment. After review with Director of Operations, files EEO-1 report annually; maintain other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations and other state regulations.
- Maintains human resource records within the PayChex system and create standard reports from the database.
- Review and approve timecards for OT eligible support staff; review and approve support staff’s requests for time off.
- Handle benefits administration to ensure compliance with FMLA, PFL, HIPAA, DOL, NYS Statutory Disability, EEO, and ADA. Complete all required employee forms for submission to insurance companies and other government agencies.
- Create and process insurance claim forms for Senior Executives of the Firm; contact plan representative to discuss claims denials and/or processing delays
- Process and submit Parental Leave paperwork in compliance with NYS Short Term Disability, NYSPFLA, & FMLA.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- 3-4+ years’ experience in Human Resources
- Strong recruiting and demonstrated ability to improve talent acquisition strategies
- Demonstrated expertise training employees
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and communications skills
- Attention to detail and good judgement
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 5.7.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt