New York, NY
A global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join their dynamic team in New York. Please note that this role may be eligible for a flexible working schedule that allows for a hybrid and in-office presence.
About the Firm
Client is a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world. The success of the firm is largely determined by their commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides their clients with the highest quality of work and service. They are driven by their core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
About the role
As a Human Resources Generalist, you will be responsible for acting as a local resource for employees’ human resources and benefits questions. You will be responsible for providing a variety of human resources services for including, but not limited to, onboarding, staff timekeeping, and policy implementation. Other key responsibilities include:
- Acting as a point of contact for human resources questions in the office; understanding a majority of the human resources policies of the firm and being able to answer most questions independently; using appropriate judgment to route complex questions and issues to appropriate resources and following up to ensure the issue is resolved in a timely manner
- Managing timekeeping activities for the office including following up with managers and supervisors to ensure all timecards are approved, answering routine questions about timekeeping and Kronos, and ensuring FLSA standards are met
- Acting as a point of contact in the office for questions regarding Paid Time Off (PTO), PTO accrual policies, how they are applied in Kronos, and the annual PTO sellback process
- Leading new hire orientation, developing programs within the office to facilitate new employee integration during the first year of employment to meet firm’s objectives for new hire retention
- Acting as a point of contact in the office for questions regarding firm benefits; understanding benefits eligibility rules for all health, welfare, and retirement benefits; being able to answer basic benefits questions from attorneys, paralegals, and staff, and uses appropriate resources in the Global Benefits & Well-Being and Retirement Administration department as needed
- Have comprehensive knowledge of human resource functions, as well as a fundamental knowledge of New York timekeeping and labor laws
- Have HRIS experience, preferably with PeopleSoft along with Kronos Timekeeper
- Display well-developed and professional interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm, and the organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and a focus in a related field; a minimum of four (4) years of HR experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of three (3) years Human Resources experience
- Experience with New York timekeeping and labor laws
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding career opportunity and welcoming environment, but will also be provided with a generous total compensation package with bonuses awarded in recognition of both individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in the Firm’s comprehensive benefit program which includes:
- Healthcare, life and disability insurance
- A generous 401k plan
- 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure
- Wellness programs (e.g. membership to HeadSpace, access to mental health services, well-being events, etc.)
- Professional Development programs
- Employee discounts
- And more!
- Additionally, they have a range of diversity programming including Global Affinity Groups. These groups provide a firmwide platform to share experiences and advice as well as an opportunity to participate in a supportive network with common interests to help make life at the firm even better.
Firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Their commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, pro bono work and sustainability enables Firm to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world’s leading law firms. Their lawyers, paralegals, and professional staff worldwide comprise a rich mixture of different races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, sexual orientations, cultures, and primary languages. Their diversity makes them who they are.
Firm is also committed to protecting the health and well-being of their employees and partners, their families, and members of their community against COVID-19. Accordingly, they require all partners and employees based in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a documented underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents such vaccination. Offers of employment will be conditioned upon applicants presenting proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or obtaining an exemption on medical or religious grounds.
Date Active: 8.4.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt