New York, NY
An AmLaw firm with nearly 300 attorneys nationwide, has an opening for a Human Resources Generalist in their dynamic Human Resources department. The perfect candidate is someone who not only has experience with providing general human resources support and services, but also someone who enjoys helping others and supporting the growth and continued success of the firm as part of a great HR team. In this role you will get to interact with all levels of the organization, and have true generalist responsibilities, including but not limited to, recruiting, payroll, benefits and on and off boarding for the firm’s professional staff.
- Serve as “General Information” resource by answering inquiries, referring calls or taking other actions as appropriate.
- Assist with all aspects of recruiting for professional staff positions, including posting positions, maintaining applicant tracking software, initial telephone screens of applicants, and scheduling interviews.
- Assist with general office tasks, including auditing overtime slips, responding to employment verifications, monitoring 401(k) requests and processing 1095C forms.
- Updating Employee Self Service (ESS) and internal firm database with current notices and forms.
- Monitor Professional Staff Handbooks and other employment documents for all offices, suggest updates/revisions as appropriate.
- Coordinate employment termination process as per established Departure procedures.
- Maintain and audit vendor eligibility files and process benefit vendor invoices.
- Maintain Active and Terminated personnel, EEO and I-9 files and job descriptions for all professional staff employees.
- Coordinate or assist with special projects and events such as staff retirements, holiday party, Staff Appreciation Day and the annual Anniversary event.
- Develop and maintain tip sheets for HR-related tools and processes.
- Assist with other Human Resources functions and special projects as needed.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Three to five years of human resources experience working in a law firm or other professional services firm.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and knowledge of HRIS databases. Experience with Ultimate Software and viDesktop a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills with the ability to build credibility and trust with the employees.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, work effectively under pressure and be able to successfully juggle several tasks simultaneously.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude, the ability to maintain confidential information and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
Must present proof of being fully vaccinated, including a booster shot against COVID-19. Accommodation for non-vaccination is subject to a bona fide medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief. Furthermore, the accommodation cannot cause Firm an undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others in the workplace and the candidate who requested the accommodation.
Salary: $90,000.00-$100,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 4.12.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt