New York, NY
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides telephone coverage and general administrative assistance to the HR Manager as needed.
- Drafts and finalizes Human Resources correspondence and memoranda as requested.
- Greets visitors and candidates and assists staff and attorneys with HR questions as needed.
- Creates and maintains Human Resources and Personnel files in both the Human Resources Management System and the Electronic Personnel Files database.
- Assists Human Resources Manager with various HR communications and administrative functions, including Department of Labor posters, staff attendance tracking, etc.
- Shares responsibility in ensuring timely preparation of departure paperwork for staff and attorneys, and scheduling exit meetings.
- Post job descriptions for open positions on the Firm Intranet and with external sources as needed.
- Shares responsibility in administering testing to qualified candidates.
- Shares responsibility in conducting reference checks.
- Creates new staff employee orientation schedules and conducts new hire orientation for staff and attorneys on an as needed basis.
- Monitors and ensures adequate supplies in the Human Resources department, including emergency kits for new hires.
- Shares responsibility with other HR staff in maintaining firm wide recruiting and background spreadsheets.
- Inputs invoices, purchase orders and other expenses in a timely manner and in accordance with Firm policies.
- Assists in the organization and coordination of firm functions and department events including, but not limited to, benefits fair, flu shots, blood drives, holiday party, staff appreciation day, etc.
- Assists in the processing staff arrivals, departures and status changes in Workday.
- Assists in creating and posting the NY office Daily on the intranet.
- Responds to internal and external employment verification requests.
- Handles and/or participates in special projects as needed.
- Orders flower arrangements, coordinates and distributes gifts for all occasions.
- Shares responsibility with other HR staff for overall operations of the department.
- Provides back-up assistance to the Managing Director of Administration and the Manager of Client Services and Facilities as needed. Provides assistance in the absence of others as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Timely and regular attendance.
- 1+ year of administrative support experience, preferably in a human resources setting or similar fast-paced, service-intensive environment.
- Solid working proficiency with various software packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Prior HRIS experience preferred.
- College degree strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic, service orientation and attention to detail.
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible for starting in the role. Proof of vaccination will be required. Firm will provide reasonable accommodation(s) based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates.
Salary: $52,500.00-$73,815.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 11.4.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt