Head of Business Development
New York, NY
The Head of Business Development provides the opportunity to lead business development initiatives to expand business penetration, launch new products and services to drive revenues and achieve financial growth. This position offers high visibility with the with Firm leadership firm-wide.
- Creates and implements strategic business development plans and identifies opportunities for promoting and cross‑selling the the Firm’s professional services.
- Responsible for gathering intelligence and conducting competitive analysis to identify opportunities to deepen existing client relationships, expand the client base, and increase external and internal visibility.
- Provides thought leadership and executes on targeted marketing methods including social media strategies, CLE seminars, organizational affiliations, and initiatives.
- Oversees all efforts to develop customized pitches and presentations.
- Attains synergies for all marketing programs through effective collaboration.
- Ensures client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas.
- Leads the development of concise and actionable business development and marketing plans.
- Advises practice group leaders on a broad range of business development and marketing strategies, demonstrating depth of expertise and understanding of practice group and industry norms, terms, and business procedures relevant to assigned practice groups.
- Encourages engagement and collaboration by facilitating the development of business plans within each group and other relevant practice groups.
- Collaborates with the practice group leaders to establish a client targeting and relationship management strategy.
- Keeps abreast of developments in the law for assigned groups and relevant industries that could result in expanded or new client opportunities.
- Independently develops ideas and concepts to influence business development strategies.
- Collaborates closely with Chief Marketing Officer to ensure plans integrate with and support firm-wide business development and marketing strategies.
- Coordinates with the Public Relations team on press releases, pitch story ideas and provide spokespeople to reporters as appropriate; track published articles and consider social media strategy around key projects.
- Oversees the mentorship and education of attorneys on business development best practices and strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications or related field.
- A minimum of 15 years of broad-based, strategic business development experience…
- Thorough knowledge of practice areas, with direct work experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of core marketing principles including driving innovative tools and programs, competitive intelligence, market research, and pitch and RFP responses.
- Substantive knowledge of business development core competencies, including market research, competitive intelligence, pitch and proposal responses, client development and sales strategies, and innovative tools for pitch and proposal development and experience management.
- Forward-thinking, results-oriented, deliverables driven, strategic thinker and self-starter with the ability to balance long-term strategic vision and effective day-to-day execution.
- Experienced team leader with demonstrated success driving high-performance collaboration. A minimum of five years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Superior influencing and negotiating skills and an ability to persuade others to deliver is a must.
- Technologically savvy with demonstrated proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 8.2.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt